Guinea Pigs ? Need testing Help

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by NYJmpMaster, Jun 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

As most already know, we are in the process of a major renovation of SF. We have the new forum and chat software up and running in various states of readiness and are looking for some help to use it try out things and report back any problems or glitches you find as we finish debugging it.

Things written over on the test site will all disappear when we are done , so while will ask people post messages and responses and try out all the different things, it is really just for a first peak and for fun and to help debug- not to post serious threads looking for help and support which should be done here until (or both places perhaps?) until we are fully up and running and all move to the new platform in a few weeks.

If you would like an advance look at the new site and to learn how it works and have some input on the final product we really could use your help. We do ask that you try to stop in regularly and to report any problems you find or glitches so that when we move the site it will be a simple and hopefully error free process on the new systems. If you are interested in advance access and wiling to report problems (or just give feedback and let us know you tried things and found no errors) please reply here.

We hope to be able to start giving limited access in the next few days and are hoping to have all done by next month. Not eveyrthing will be functioning or completed at first but your help will make the process simpler and faster if you can spare the time and have interest.

Thanks !!!

- Ben

Please leave a reply here if you wish to be added to list for early access. Looking for PC and Mac users and all different browsers. Mobile only users please let us know so we can let in in order that things are set up and running at all.
  2. Zaheer

Zaheer Account Closed

Hi, What is the URL
  3. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

I can help either phone or pc with chrome
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I can help too. :)
  5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Count me out. I am not a techincal person and would not know how to report it. But bumping this up so others can see this thread.
  6. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Thanks for the bump - also bumping. We still need to set permissions for users but as soon as we are ready we will PM anyone who has volutneered to help the details to get on the test site. The more the merrier so even if anyone just has a few minutes to look around and see what they think, the input would be appreciated :)
  7. NYJmpMaster

No tech ability needed - just try out the postings priveat message- read posts - same as on here and if something doesnt work report it to us in a troubleshooting thread or pm on the new site or here so if want to get a sneek preview and all are welcome regardless of tech ability.

The url and passwords will be sent to volunteers as soon as ready for them in next couple days.

Thanks all
  8. Chadley

Chadley Member

I would be happy to help, I am both a mobile and PC user, as for browsers, i have been known to run any of the big 3 (IE, Firefox, Chrome) aswell as both chrome and safari on my Iphone and Ipad. Not that technical knowledge is needed, but i do have a basic understanding of HTML, and I would say that I have a pretty formidable knowledge of alot of PC things, so yeah, again, I would be happy to help.
  9. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Sure, I'd be happy to lend a hand
  10. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Ok will give it a shot. I am using android mobile phone and ipad , sometimes ill use pc at library
  11. NYJmpMaster

Thanks for volunteering , I have PM'd a link to those that have asked. If others want to help we can still use more. We really appreciate your help and support.
  12. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Just want to say the forum looks amazing, thank you for everything and all the members who helped :)
  13. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Sure, I should have some time this week. PM me if you still need more piggies :rolleyes:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.