gulf war

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by jcat, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

i don 't know if this one has been brought up yet, but from what i've seen at least by where people are from everyone has a feel on this subject. personally, i don't like war at all, but everyone has there own feelings. i don't think we should be in iraq. as far as i am concerned this is turning into another vietnam conflict(err, police action as far as the u.s. government claims), yeah i'm pissed at the individuals that were involved in the wtc plane crashes. but i don't think we should be over there playing cops and robbers. let their government police themselves. i don't think the u.k., aussies or anyone else should be there, but this is my personal feelings. does anyone agree w/me or not?
  2. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Hey, I think this belongs in the Soap Box section instead?
  3. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Will move it to the Soap Box :)
  4. jeffrey1

jeffrey1 Member

The gulf war was the pre-desert storm back in the early 90's late 80's. You mean "Operation Iraqi Freedom". Unfortunitly we were duped into this war by greed, and vengance. Ive seen the parts of this war i wish i didnt, spent time there, and its horrible. Its a cold time when our country throws the military to the wolves for personal reasons. As far as the assui's and the uk being there, the shouldnt be, no more than america should, but should be there just as long as we are. Remember the battel being fought now is by terrorist, wich effect all continets.

It always amazes me why the US has to be the world police. Its time we close our close guard on the world and let people defend there own. To many american troops have paid the ultimate price for the good of somone elses cause. exspecialy sice 99% of the countries we help, dont give a crap about america.
  5. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

oops. i wasn't sure, i'll try to move this to the soapbox unless someon else can
  6. Greenforest

Greenforest Well-Known Member

The war against terrorism only brings terrorism into Europe. Would Madrid and London terror bombings have happened if Spain and UK didn't joined the war? It's sad that leaders make innocent people suffer. :sad:

Saddam Hussein was a dictator, but during his time things were actually better than the chaos Iraq has today. Car bombs weren't even very usual, now they are daily news everyone is used to.
  7. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

I have moved it for you :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.