Gun Threat

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by LaLaLullaby, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaLaLullaby

LaLaLullaby Well-Known Member

Someone threatened to gun down our school today.

Let's just say I'm not just worrying about that person. The teachers and school therapist held a discussion about the topic and they had to shut it down in 20 minutes, because the conversation was turning into that of a lynch mob's.

Anyone else have these kind of threats around them lately? Meaning...someone making claims like that in the workplace or school environment?
  2. TLA

TLA Antiquitie's Friend

so sad that occured. did they catch them or deal with it??

There was another co-worker situation at NASA in Houston, Texas, US. 60 Yr. old killed another man, then shot himself later.
  3. run4fun

run4fun Well-Known Member

my friends is the son of an astronaut. and i studied under a NASA rocket professor. i just read about it.
  4. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

At the height of the troubles in Northern Ireland this used to be a daily event, only in our case it was bomb scares... people became complacent (just another scare) then, when, as was inevitable it was for REAL people assumed it was another false alarm with devastating results...
    What I am saying is treat every threat as though its real, don't become complacent..
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2007
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I agree Hazel. We have had a few incidents around us lately as well. The threats have to be taken seriously. Threats do become reality sometimes and to take the chance that nothing will come of it is not worth the risk of precious lives. We had a threat at the middle school level Thursday and high school Friday. Many of these are precipitated from the Virginia Tech incident. There usually are increases in events following something of this magnitude. Sad for everyone.
  6. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

I had a shooting threat at my school yesterday as well.
    Only about half the kids showed up...
    There were 5 bomb threats at the high school's in my county as well...
    What is the world coming too?
  7. LaLaLullaby

LaLaLullaby Well-Known Member

TLA: All the administrators jumped on it immediately and put them on one-on-one, sent them to outside therapists for evaluation. She's determined as not a threat.

Hazel: Yeah I guess you never know.

gentlelady: That's true.

That One Girl: Haha...I'd blame our advancement of technology, but it does good things for us too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.