Guys out there?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Wolf Haley, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolf Haley

Wolf Haley Member

Okay I know this isn't some dating website, and i'm not trying to treat it like one.

Just looking for guys that might want to talk that have similar interests.. I'm 22 f that is/has had depression/self esteem/anxiety/suicidal thought issues. I'm looking to speak with guys who have had similar issues and can relate and would like to just get to know me and talk to me! Please don't hesitate to pm me if you need to or would like to talk!

Haley

2. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

honestly having a dating section on SF would be a pretty neat idea.. all those dating websites out there for people with depression is just so weird and fishcakes.

3. Wolf Haley

Wolf Haley Member

Yeah to be honest this is the only depression forum I've been to other than one other one... and I hated the other one so I decided to stick to this. But yeah, linking people up to meet/talk/whatever who have similar "problems" and that can relate to one another wouldn't be a bad idea IMO. Didn't know they actually had "depression dating" websites out there, never looked.

4. lachrymose27

You don't want to look.. but the best dating website so far seems to be Okcupid.com... but I haven't found anyone else who was suffering from depression. Also, this topic has actually been brought up once, but it was concluded that this isn't a dating forum. Try okcupid, maybe?

5. lachrymose27

Also,

http://www.meetup.com/

might be a good way to connect with other people suffering from depression assuming there is an active support group in your area..

I know there is one in NY and I know some members from here who meetup every weekend and do stuff... i haven't gone to one yet though!

6. Wolf Haley

Wolf Haley Member

Cool i'll check it out

7. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I know it was said above, but just to make it clear to all: SF is not a dating site, it is for peer-to-peer support.

Wolf Haley, I'm glad Lachrymose was able to direct you to dating sites and offer you other options. :)

8. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

I can only imagine the kind of drama that would result from pairing up suicidal people with various personality disorders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.