gym issues.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by sucidalgirl99, Sep 23, 2009.

1. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

My mom told me that I should go to the gym, and that gym is one I don't like(LA Fitness), because it doesn't suit my needs. I live in a small town which I hate, and there's a gym I actually want to go to. But my mom won't let me go there due to gas prices, etc.

help me please.

2. SadPandaBear

SadPandaBear Well-Known Member

for the cost of gym memberships and gas.. would you just be better off purchasing some kind of exercise machine you could use at home?

Especially if you feel uncomfortable working out in a public place.

good luck.

3. sucidalgirl99

Maybe, I shall see.

4. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

What are your needs? I have a setup in my garage that is awesome, let me know what you are looking to do and ill try to help...

5. SuicideIsTheWrongOption

SuicideIsTheWrongOption Well-Known Member

if you don't like working out in public, and especially if you life in a small town, maybe running through a secluded trail works?

I go to the Y alot, but sometimes when i don't wanna be around so many people i find a trail and just run for a while.

6. sucidalgirl99

I want something that's inexpensive and that I could do it at home. It needs to work and be fun.

7. sucidalgirl99

Hmm, that might work.

8. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

Free weights or a treadmill or eliptical might work for you? You are the best judge, and remember there are always other options.. I like to ride my bike for exercise. I hope whatever you choose to do helps to enhance your mood.

9. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I've been working out in one form or another for over two decades and I never would think of doing it in a gym, i am far too private a person. I looked on Amazon recently and narrowed down the best elliptical machine for under $300 USD. An elliptical gives a great low impact full body toning workout and it is not necessary to spend thousands on one.

I am also a long time bicyclist and recently took up running. By the way, trail running is not for newbies as the trail surface is uneven and strewn with roots and debris that you can twist your ankle badly on- I did several times.

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I think your best bet considering that you suffer from anxiety is to buy some home equipment to exercise with :)

11. Tastelikeblood

Tastelikeblood Well-Known Member

I don't know if your trying to do some heavy lifting or tone or what but look into getting a wii and wii fit lol. They just came out with some 2 pound dumbells you can add to the remotes for better effect. It would be fun like your not even working out.