1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had a really bizarre dream

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Endlessagony, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Endlessagony

Endlessagony Seeker

It is 3.30am here and just woke up after an intense nightmare. This dream was unlike any I've ever had, it somewhat resembled a sleep paralysis but different. In the dream I thought I was awake, lying in my bed drifting between sleep and awake. I could feel a terror in the room around me as I tried to watch a movie on tv. I fell asleep in the dream and was going through things that my ex had given me, even talked with her on the phone. My stomach was gurgling with a loud noise and I was letting out bizarre yelping noises, she kept telling me I should see a doctor. I told her that I'm going through the dark night of the soul.

In the dream I was drifting into sleep again when I could feel the terror intensifying. At the same time I could feel a sense of peace and calmness, I felt ready to accept my fears. Things started slowly to turn more bizarre. A tall man with a black and white striped suit and a top hat appeared into the room. He was walking around frantically as if on stilts and shouting at me. I heard a loud noise as if a tarp was flapping violently in the wind. The terror was intensifying more but I had a sense of stillness at the same time, like a deep ocean underneath I could feel.

The spirits in the room grew more and more violent and angry and they were trying to come at me full force. I remained there on my back, shaking violently and uncontrollably. In the midst of it I could feel the spirits being hesitant even though they tried charging at me with everything they had. As they came close to me I woke up. For a moment I felt a complete stillness in me, it turned to a slight unease after a while. There was no panic and dread like before when I've experienced sleep paralysis. Not sure though if this was it, I was paralyzed but I kept on falling asleep and false awakening inside the dream. I didn't also experience the usual feeling of paralysis, I couldn't move but it was oddly calm at the same time.

2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

Dreams/nightmares can be really upsetting.

Do you get nightmares a lot?

3. AlexiMarie7

AlexiMarie7 Staff Member Safety & Support

Are you familiar with the "dark night of the soul"? If not, perhaps you can read up on it.

My interpretation or what I seem to gather from the dream is that you will overcome your obstacles; it doesn't matter how dark, big, loud or terrifying they may seem, you will get through them.

4. Endlessagony

Endlessagony Seeker

Actually nightmares are pretty uncommon for me, at least I have no recollection of them occurring frequently. This felt totally different from a normal nightmare though, even though it wasn't a vivid dream but I still felt a level of conscience in me. It's hard to explain.

5. Endlessagony

Endlessagony Seeker

I am familiar with the dark night of the soul, have had mixed feelings about it though. I'm really starting to consider if this might be it, or maybe it has been happening already for quite some time but this is the final stages. Or I might just be going crazy, things do seem different, like a shift inside which I can feel.

6. Lara_C

Lara_C SF Supporter

I had a similar dream once consisting of repeated false awakenings, like I was trying to wake up, or thought I had. It ended when a disembodied voice said " if you don't wake up, you'll carry on believing this is real" (!)

7. Walker

Walker Everything Zen Staff Member Safety & Support SF Social Media SF Supporter

Whew. That's pretty crazy there.