Had enough of life

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bruces, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

My life seems so totally pointless I have depression and ocd I don't see a reason to carry on,everyday is misery I never experience joy or happiness I just don't understand why we don't have legal euthanasia in this country.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry you are so depressed but there are moments in your life that do bring you joy even small moments hold onto those moments ok You can make a difference in someone elses life reach out to them give your life purpose It may not take away all your struggle with but it give one a sense of purpose of accomplishment find something that does bring you joy and do it or something that use to bring you joy and do that again and again until you mind remembers the joy you one felt

3. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that life seems that way to You. I have depression as well and I'm having a real tough time but I am trying to take one day at a time, truthfully sometimes I have to take one hr at a time. Try talking to some other people in here, give yourself and life a chance. You never know what may happen tomorrow or next week.

4. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Hi, I want to welcome you and say I hope that you are doing o.k. . I am Leigh and here if you ever want to talk, or I will if you want to listen, there are people in here that will try and help you where possible and help you sort out your issues. Ask if you need anything.

5. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words I just don't see a future for me at all I'm incapable of doing
    Anything,I have no life merely an existance. And it seems to get worse everyday it all seems
    Completely pointless.

6. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I want to be dead I'm certain of that,my only concern is the consequences on my family just wish I could be killed somehow,I see deaths on the news all the time and I just feel so envious.

7. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Many times we cannot see things for ourselves when depression is bad- if we could see how to fix it on our own then it would already be fixed and there would be no such thing as depression. Just because you do not see solutions for yourself does not mean they do not exist. Perhaps if you wanted to share a little bit about what is going on in your life and what you are struggling with then others that have experienced similar things and found some solutions to make things a little bit better could share those ideas with you. There will not be a simple answer that solves all the problems, but there might be some ideas to make things less painful and to help you learn to find some happiness on occasion.

8. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

My life just seems a complete and utter mess I can't do my trade as a mechanic because of my ocd and I'm stuck in a job I don't like,my home needs loads of things doing to it and it's a mess which just gets me down even more,everybody else seems to have the complete lifestyle with good jobs and good houses and I have nothing,I want to be out of life I hate every minute of it but I'm too cowardly to commit suicide,I'm kinda hoping my chain smoking will have the desired effect and cut my life short.

9. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

Really what is the point of living when you'll never be normall I'm all for legal euthanasia.

10. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Normal is a fictional point that is arrived at by the average of all the real lives and extremes. Comparing yourself ot others never ends well and is a waste of time really - you are not them and they are not you. Instead of looking at what others have , look at what you have and decide what things you need to change for you to be happy - and which of them it is possible to change. Take the ones that are even possible to change and choose the simplest smallest of them and start working on those. Even something so small as do the dishes/ pick up the kitchen or other small tasks that (I am not talking about your house or life as I have no idea what is on your list- just examples). Do one or two of those things that are put off because lack of energy and the feeling it does not matter because there are still so many other things wrong it does not matter.

You will find once you start doing those little things even that you do have some small control over some things and that you can make changes if you try and find the energy and put in the effort. Use that to get confidence to consider bigger changes- plus if you fix even a few of the little things , things do start to look better. It is really hard to get started, but it is better than beating yourself up for days about the way things are which uses up a lot of energy as well.

Take Care and Be Safe

- Ben

11. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I feel as if I have nothing to offer I'm no good at anything plus I dislike my job and where I live,there doesn't feel to be any hope whatsoever,I should never have been born.

12. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I think death is my only option

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.