Had enough.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Staff01, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Staff01

Staff01 Guest

I'm a member of staff on here. I've had enough of, by some members, being insulted, roundly criticised, and generally taken the piss out of, purely because I am staff.
    We do a good job, a bloody good one under the circumstances, seeing as we all have problems, and we all join here suicidal and depressed and going through hell.
    I've fucking had enough of being ignored and taken the piss out of by some folks, purely because I'm a certain colour on the forum, or a certain colour in chat.
    It's time like this, when I really do bloody wonder WHY it is that I'm staff on here. It's a thankless sodding task, and when you get folks who are screaming at you that they're disgruntled with a decision that you made, or because of some perceived injustice on the forum - the deletion of a thread etc, or in chat - when you kick or ban someone for something that is totally against the rules, yet they whinge when you enforce the very rules that they signed up, agreeing to abide by. I've fucking had enough of it. It's very stressfull, to say the least, when all staff are watched continuously and then hounded for one little decision that isn't liked by folks, purely because it's against their friend or their version of the rules. Just had to get that out for once....

2. user08

user08 Guest

I think you, and the rest of the staff do a good job :smile:
    There;s always going to be someone who disagrees with the decisions you make (usually the one person being affected by it :tongue: ) but remember that you are doing a good job on here. At the end of the day, you're volunteering to staff this forum to keep other members safe and anyone who doesn't agree with what you do that badly always has the option of leaving.....

3. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

I think the staff does a great job moderating the forum, though, if it's stressful to you, I mean, you could always take a break. I know some staff has done it in the past. I wish you the best.

4. JustPernicious

JustPernicious Well-Known Member

I agree the MAJORITY of the time the staff do great.
    They sometimes have an extreme "god complex" but usually they're good.
    :hug: I'm sorry for the way you feel.

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It doesn't matter what decisions are made, someone will always be unhappy. What we all need to remember is that we try to do what is best for the forum and its members. Even this is not seen the same by everyone. We need to have patience and understanding when we may not agree with one another and respect what each has to say without letting things get personal. Not an easy feat for any of us. It is up to all of us, staff and members alike, to keep SF a safe and supportive community. None of us can do it alone.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I think the staff do an excellent job of moderating the forums and chat. I'm sorry for all the hassle you have had to put up with. I think members have a hard time realizing that the staff are doing this voluntarily , taking time out of their lives and already have issues themselves. Which ever member of staff you are I'm sure your doing a fantastic job. Keep up the great work hun :hug:

7. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Sorry you feel bad because of people being insulting and rude. Unfortunately there will always be people who disagree with the actions of staff but overall you guys do a great job in keeping the forums safe and friendly for everyone and should feel proud of yourselves.
    :hug:

8. plates

plates Well-Known Member

You don't need to do it if you don't want to. Yeah, it'd be good to think why you signed up to it?

It does sound like a lot, especially if you're going through hell. I wouldn't ever want to be in your position.

Look after yourself. You don't need to take on that responsibility, if you don't want to, surely?

9. Viks

Viks Guest

A fucking men!

10. Petal

Are you okay?

11. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

The forum simply could not exist without the job you do. You all do the rest of us a great service and for that I am personally very thankful.

12. Viks

Viks Guest

I'm alive :hug:

Any way, got an idea of who posted this and i'm sure you know my feelings on the subject.

13. Petal

:hug: :hug: I'm here if you need to talk hun :hug:

14. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

just playing devils advocate here...
    but people complain that there isnt enough staff for the forum and chat, so how would this person leaving have an effect on the forum? :huh: i think that if i personally decided to take a leave of absense i wouldnt be able to because i would be too worried that at times when i could be in chat something could go wrong and then create more problems for other staff :rolleyes: its a vicious circle i guess.

:hug:

15. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I meant, that the person has to look after themselves. They aren't responsible, and nor are you for the shit that goes on here or on chat. They don't need to take that responsibility upon themselves if they are getting ill. Nor do you.

I'm not suggesting the person leave, but to take a break if it's getting too much. I was saying, look after yourself first and foremost.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2008
  16. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

the staff have a thankless task but they do a fantastic job here as well as dealing with their own issues, without them this site wouldn't be safe for us to come visit.
    don't leave coz of a few members who show a lack of respect for others

17. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I've said it before, SF is filled with angels and the staff are most present angels of the lot. You have thankless jobs for the most part but just hold on to the few moments that you know something you said or did truly helped another member. People complain and toe the line and you have to face that everyday. But you only have to look in the threads and posts to see that more people regard you with high esteem for the positions that you hold and the responsibilities that you carry out. I have truly appreciated any time staff has had to intervene or acted on a request on my behalf. Class acts each and everyone of you. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!

18. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

The staff here do a great job this site wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the staff members and maybe people should think about that before they complain about things. The staff have there own issues to deal with but still give there free time to come and moderate and make this forum as safe as it can be. I for one am very grateful and would like to thank them all

19. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

I am so with ggg4567, though here's my more harderned opinion:

Dude quit whining. Take a leave of absence, understand you hold a position that is coveted by many simply because of your powers.

I also want so badly to say "Wow! are you a newbie or something?" and "Welcome to the Internet." lol -Jesus Lord, on most all forums people are outright viscious.

It happens all the time because... such is the nature of anonymity as bestowed by this medium.

Suggest you step back, take a break, a different view... several different ways to deal with being in power - starting with just that--understand some people envy staff because they are special; are in charge.

You of all membership levels do not have to take getting kicked in the balls... so color me lost & confused. If it's continual love and adoration you want, as they as say, "get a dog."

ToHelp

20. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Wow, aren't you supportive :dry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.