Had enough

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by understandingnothing, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. understandingnothing

understandingnothing Well-Known Member

Have had depression for about half my life (35 now) and i just can shake it,it has now manifested into severe anxiety and tbh i dont want to be here anymore.

dont enjoy life
    sensitive to everything
    have no beliefs
    have no friends due to ME pushing them away because of the anxiety
    not working

Posted the same thing on another forum last night and it still feels fresh.

Wish i had a wand :(

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Well you have come to the right place.. We will try to be supportive and understanding.. No one here judges another..You open up and talk to us and we will try and help..What are you doing for income..Have you tried any therapy groups??These are things we need to know to be able to guide you in the right direction..Take Care!!!

3. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

Don't worry so much mate - you can get over severe anxiety - sure, I've gotten it all the time!

I've had this for 30 years - so I know what the script is here. Its different for everyone but the basics are the same.

Driving people away - sure - or keeping a distance in the first place.

Not enjoying life? I've been at the point were nothing was cutting the mustard for me - barely had a reason!

Friends - well, the good ones will still be there when your confidence comes back a little.

Not working? Same! Feels bad when you think about how many jobs are taken up by our chums from other EU nations. Little wonder we had riots!

Make sure you get benefits sorted out!

Anyhow understandingnothing - hope your stay is a nice one - dump the other forum - you'll get more of a feedback here but sorry mate - no wand!!!!

Well - if we did - we'd be millionaires overnight as people would pay anything to be rid of depression.

Thankfully - its not about money - I mean you can get over it without cash - but obviously we need enough to eat and pay bills and enjoy ourselves now and again.

So best wishes - hope things get a little better and that you see life is a pitstop sometimes - and we watch everyone else zooming around and wish we were back in the race!

You got to take it one step at a time - you CAN get better.

Good luck.

4. Jelly

Jelly Well-Known Member

Very sorry to hear about the pain you are feeling; Please know life will get better.

I'm here if you would like to talk. <3

5. understandingnothing

Thanks for the replys,@ stranger havent tried any groups as it means PEOPLE and it was bad enogh one on one with a therapist,@ peaceloving good to know im not the only one and @jelly might take you up on the offer one day

6. cutiepie132

cutiepie132 Well-Known Member

I think I might have been born with anxiety, truthfully. Was always so shy. When I was 17 yrs old, is when I started having panic attacks and hyperventilating. I don't really have it too bad now if that helps at all.

What is it that is stressing you out so bad or making you worry so much? Maybe I can help you out with that, IDK, but would be happy to try.. You can post another on here, or send me a PM if you want to talk about it.

Have you tried any medications for the anxiety? There are several I know of, buspar, valium, klonopin, beta blockers, lexapro. I personally like Lexapro, it just relaxes you, and that keeps the stress calm. I don't take medications anymore for that, but it did help. I had PTSD also and was on buspar for awhile. Took valium for about 5 years. Tried the beta blocker but I don't think that was really helpful.

It's best that you work through the problem that is causing the anxiety, and it should settle down some.

Even if you avoid your friends, you can always call them up, and restart that friendship.

7. MrSpaceBound

MrSpaceBound Well-Known Member

I know how you feel, I feel like this everyday, it's hard but we have to just keep going.:hugtackles:

8. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

Sounds like Social Anxiety could be part of what is causing you to live this way. It can be helped, using CBT.

Life just feels blunted to me, usually.

9. understandingnothing

CBT wasnt working with counsellor and the room felt like a box so i gave it up :sad:

Im thinking some diy ECT might work,it cant hurt can it? :rolleyes:

10. cutiepie132

cutiepie132 Well-Known Member

CBT takes time to work, can take many years. Your willingness in wanting it to work, helps make it effective. I haven't tried ECT, not sure I'd even have the nerve really.

11. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

CBT does take a long time. Was it in a group, understandingnothing? Would you like to see a copy of the sheets I used?

Please be careful of ECT please.

12. understandingnothing

@ cutie thansk for taking the time out to chat means alot and i was jk about ect,(probably shouldnt make jokes on here :( )
    @ windle ok,can you pm them me please.

13. Anneinside

Anneinside Well-Known Member

I have had ECT and currently am having maintenance ECT - tomorrow, in fact. The only drawback to ECT is that you can have some memory loss. For most people it is minimal and your memories return. ECT is usually seen as a last choice and is used for people who are suicidal or can't take medication for some reason like pregnancy.

14. understandingnothing

Sounds like me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.