Had the worst two weeks of my life

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Thinice, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thinice

Thinice Well-Known Member

I'm sick of this. My girlfriend broke up with me two weeks ago and since then, everything has been going wrong. I have bad attendance at college, they're not going to let this slide. I need to do my coursework and get back there, but that means seeing my ex (who is trying her best to avoid me) every day.

I'm having trouble eating and now everyone at college thinks I'm some kind of anorexic that will pass out at any second. I'm very skinny and it doesn't help that people keep going on at me.

I've been smoking weed every day and last night was no exception. I was high all night and ended up kissing an old friend of mine who I hadn't talked to for quite a while. Later I found out she had a boyfriend who I smoked weed with last week.

So now I want 2 girls I can't have. I didn't sleep until 10 o'clock this morning and I woke up at 5. My sleeping pattern is so fucked now and I'm meant to have college tomorrow, they're not going to put up with this any longer. I have no money left for weed and my parents are really pissed off with me now.

I can't cope with this much longer. I just want all my problems to go away.
  2. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

My first advice is to try and cut back on the pot and get on a regular sleep schedule. Regular sleep is always a good thing.

Sounds normal (to me) to be depressed, and not be able to deal with the demands of college, after your gf breaks up with you. You can get excused from your school duties, but you need to go and talk to a school counsellor right away and explain to them how you've been depressed and thinking about suicide. You can get a "passing withdrawl" and take a break from things rather than crashing and burning. (That's what my counsellor told me back in college.)

I'll assume your parents are pretty normal and are pissed off at you because they're concerned about your future. If you let them know about your depression and what you're dealing with (either through you or your counsellor), I'd think they'd be more sympathetic and less angry.

Think about it, ok?
  3. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi. silent enigma had some sound advice..... yes, please think about it.

i just want to say i'm sorry you are feeling so low, but this is a good place to come. we have all been in the same boat - when it comes to wanting our problems, our pain, to go away.

glad you are here... take care of YOU and do not be too hard on yourself. i care what happens. . . :hug:
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Thinice,
    You really should give up on the weed because it causes you to have lack of motivation. It also causes you to procrastinate alot. I am speaking from experience because I started smoking when I was twelve and didn't quit until my mid thirtys. All those years wasted because I chose getting high over everything else.
    I agree about speaking to a counselor and letting them know about the depression, they may be able to shed some light on options for you. If you need to take a break for a semestor to get your head straight then do it.
    You are the only one who can decide what you are going to do. We can try and help. But when it comes down to it you have to make choices. Don't give up on school it is so important now adays to have an education. There is just to much competition out there for the better jobs. Stay Safe!!~Joseph~
  5. porcelain child

porcelain child Well-Known Member

I am sorry things are tough for you right now.. it sounds like everything is getting to you abit...

Can you contact your college and tell them what is going on for you.. they might have some advice for you and be able to support you...

Is there a counsellor at the college you could perhaps go and see...

Remember you need food to keep your energy levels up... i know weed might help you at the time... but it won't help you in the long run...

Could you perhaps talk to your ex and sort it out?

6. Thinice

Thinice Well-Known Member

I just saw a picture of my ex and burst into tears. This isn't getting better. It's getting worse and worse.
  7. Synesthetic Soul

Synesthetic Soul Well-Known Member

It'll be okay. I know it's hard, just hold on. :: Reaches out to give you hugs. :: It's hard having someone you love leave you, but there's always a new door to open!

And please cut back on the pot, I know it seems to make you feel better but when you do it all the time it just makes things worse. Don't dilude yourself. We're here for you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.