Hails

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Carcinogen, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carcinogen

Carcinogen Well-Known Member

Greets. I don't really know why I'm on here. I'm not usually a talky person, so why I think this might help...hell knows. Well, I'm 18 and at 6th form - failing miserably actually, he he. I listen to Black Metal and I'm a Satanist, sometimes helps, sometimes doesn't, only reason I mention it is so nobody decides that 'jesus loves you' is gonna comfort me. I think I'm doing this as a distraction, so I don't end up in the toilets at college playing with my razor.
    Sorry...I don't know how to phrase stuff sometimes. This is my eightteenth attempt at posting my introduction, I only just got the guts to do it...
    Anyway, this has turned out to be a very long way of saying hi...

2. abandof

abandof Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF!

I'm not much of a "talky" person either but i found this forum helps(it's a great community) ... anyways hope you find the help you need here :smile:

3. Yana

Yana Active Member

Hello! I hope you find the site helpful. At least you dont have to talk much here if you dont want to but hopefully you'll find some support.

4. Hazibell

Hazibell Well-Known Member

welcome to SF! glad youve introduced yourself :) my boyfriend is a satanist too, it doesnt bother me. hope you find what you need here.

5. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF :smile:

Nice one for managing to post here, I hope you get the support you need here.

:hug:

6. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:welcome: to sf

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum.

8. Happynow

Happynow Member

I really hate to sound stupid, but here I go...what exactly is a "satanist"?

9. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

:welcome:

10. Carcinogen

You hardly sound stupid, at least you ask rather than jumping to the conclusions so many people do. I swear the next person who asks me if I drink baby's blood is gonna get a their face power-sanded off. I'm not great at explaining myself so bear with me.

Satanism is different to Devil worship. I don't believe in the Devil as an external entity, rather I see him as symbolic. I mean, I think that given enough strange conditions he could appear to manifest, but only as a result of psychological state and the force of will.
    There are different strands of Satanism, most people are either LaVeyan Satanists or Luciferians. I don't follow either strand particularly, mainly because I subscribe to the idea that Satanism has a lot to do with individuality as well as the scapegoat theory, mainly that Satanists have always been the scapegoat for different problems over the years, so fuck society, essentially. I think that if all Satanists believed exactly the same thing then the aspect of individuality would be lost. I also think that certain beliefs must come from experience, and no two people can have had exactly the same experience.
    LaVeyan Satanic ideas are all explained within the Satanic Bible (by Anton LaVey). I agree with some of the ideas in here, such as I am my own god, and I kneel to no other, and xianity being outdated, with many so-called xians behaving in a manner which goes directly against the bible then stating there is no problem with this as it's all down to interpretation. Rituals are all down to focusing the will in order to achieve what you want, and knowingly using dogma to achieve this.
    Luciferianism is basically the worship (if that's the right word) of the characteristics of Lucifer. Some Luciferians worship Lucifer as the light bearer, others as ruler of the material world, both characteristics that have been attributed to him by different sources. In this respect I personally use Luciferian ideas in terms of pride - it is better to rule in Hell than serve in heaven...
    I also to some extent subscribe to Chaos magic(k), in that like LaVeyan Satanism, it involves focusing the will to achieve your ends, but it allows the use of drugs, dancing, pain, exercise etc. to alter the mental state to allow you to focus better.

Excuse the length and lack of coherence, if you have any questions, please ask. Hope this helps a bit...

11. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Well who are your favorite bands then? I listen intensely to many black metal bands! I own a few albums by Opeth(Blackwater Park, My Arms, Your Hearse, Orchid), an Emperor album(I forget which one was stolen) & let's see, who else? Satyricon, Dark Funeral + others I don't recall right now. There's actually a cool metal forum I know of I'd be happy to PM it to you if you'd like, just say the word. There are people there who would share your views, maybe better than I could? I am not religious at all, but by not believing in god.... I suppose that makes me athiest? Whatever, religion is a crutch, I was tortured in my youth(mentally & physically) by christians, atleast that's what they called themselves. So nice to see another black metal fan. My musical taste is oddly varied and for that I feel sorta alone(not just here, but everywhere). Maybe not.... well then. I salute your braveness in joining/posting.

12. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum :hug:

13. Carcinogen

Thanks everyone for the welcome.
    WhyMeWhy: I've been into BM for just over five years, how about you. Favourite bands - Dark Funeral, Gorgoroth (saw them live recently, shame they split up though!), Mayhem (mainly old stuff) Emperor, Burzum sometimes, Carpathian Forest, Watain, Darkthrone, Marduk and Hate Forest, to name a few. It'd be great if you could pm me the forum so I can check it out, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.