Hair loss??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fms

Sorry, I know this might sound reallly wierd
But I was just wondering if anyone else with depression suffers from really bad hair loss?
I do, but I don't know if it's to do with my depression or something else :sad:
I've not got bald patches or anything, just realllly fine hair.
So yeah...
Anyone else get that or is it something completely different? :huh:

aoeu

Little_me, do you have a source for the joint pain thing? I've been experiencing unexplained joint pain for a couple years now, I need information!

one of the main factors in female hair loss is thyroid conditions. you may or may not have female pattern baldness, i dont know, but often times its some undiagnosed thyroid problem. id have it looked out.

also, stress can cause a condition called telogen effluvium. hair has 3 cycles: anogen (the growth stage), catogen (the stage where the hair itself stops growing and antropies a little), and telogen (the stage where the hair falls out, to be replaced again in a few weeks). stress, among many other things, can cause telogen effluvium. this is a condition where a large percentage of the follicles on your head all switch to telogen phase at once. this is a temporary condition, but you should have it looked at one way or the next.

Wow, really sorry to hear about that sweety...

I've been suffering through hair loss and depression myself, and I'm only 19. I've been doing alot of research about male pattern baldness and don't really know too much about Female pattern baldness. The best advice i can reccomend is to take alot of zinc, biotin, and vitamin b12. DHT inhibitors like Saw Palmetto, Stinging Nettle, etc...can potentially help too.

This is about the most informative site on the science of hair loss that I came across:

http://www.serumdht.com/

Funny i was thinking this topic the other day before joining the forum i have fine hair and loss of hair didnt used to be that way though did start around the time i got depressed for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00