half baked ideas of quitting smoking

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by jimk, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

smoking is a habit i have had since 1965.. harder than hell for me to give it up.was entertaining ideas of trying ot quit again tomorrow afternoon.. time to face reality .. habit is firmly entrenched upon me.. get up. lite up.. cup of coffee always with a marlboro.. out of sorts , lite up..after meal , lite up.. dissociate, lite up.. theme of this post is at age 65 odds are like shit that i am really going to give this one up..

therapist, shrink, now even my doctor now sort of agree with me.. best can hope for is to cut down some over time.. during day ashtray and cig out to garage so john does not have to breath my stench.. try for only 1 mini cigar a day.. the smoking in the garage adn not on my fat ass eschonced on couch with coffee is going to lose a lot of the charm adn comfort level. maybe only smoke half or less at a time..

try to get john and i mall walking every other day again very soon.. that is healthy for us.. not this all or nohting routine which is not working.. do what i can , when i can.. there are worse habits i know cause i used to do them..
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Have you tried the new electronic cigs?
    I had a go and have to say, it did keep the nicotine demon at bay.
    Only drawback is that the cig needs a two hour charge, so am saving up for a second one :shy:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.