Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by hammockmonkey, Jan 10, 2009.

1. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

So, I'm a half-breed, more 1/4 breed. My pops is Japo-Cuban, moms Serb-Dutch. I'm a god-damned mutt. I take a girl out, she's chinese, 100%. I had to meet her father, being so much older I felt weird (she's 19 I'm 25). It was expected, the difference in age. I've never experienced that. (I've only been this old for a little while.)

The date went well, we had a good time. She said she'd like to go out with me again, we kissed. I left.

My family, not my father, but my aunts and uncles, ridicule me for not looking for a good cuban (the jap side doesn't speak to me). The Serb-dutch side is all dead, my mom wants me to find "some good girl." I know what they said about my father though. I know what people say about me and my brother.

"We're the 'good ones'." I hear "We werent' talking about you." "What are you?" These statements and questions, fucking crush you. If you don't deal with them, I don't know if can feel them. Sometimes I play games with my brother and pops with replying only in spanish. Then, I hear about people who are arrested for being "Hispanic" and need to prove their citizenship.

I want kids that never have to hear this shit. Never have to deal with it. I don't family that tells my wife "at least he's one of the good ones." I don't want family that whispers to MY brother "at least she's honest."

I am Hispanic, Cuban, I am Japanese, and I'm dutch and Serbian. Don't tell me I'm not fucking american too, you know nothing about me or my family. Nothing happened, we had a great time. I just think too much,.
  2. icerain

icerain Well-Known Member

i thought pedigrees were for animals, not for humans.
    i do know that there is racism in the world, and i think my children are lucky as they go to a totally mixed races school and are friens with different kids with different cultures/backgrounds.
    maybe it is because i am not an american, but i would see you as a person, then be intrigued by your heritage, and i would think that you are lucky to have such a unique spectrum of the past.
    a person can not be held responsible of the conception of their lives. be proud of your history, and most of all, you are a human being first and foremost. be proud of yourself
  3. Rockstar808

Rockstar808 Member

a lot of half-breeds have a sever problem with their identity, have you tried forging a new one.
  4. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

seriously can't see any value in letting this concern you that much, all the choices you have should be embraced
  5. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i agree with icerain. 'breeds' are for dogs and animals you are not one.
    you are a human.
    if your family critise you for your creed, then they have no right to call you family. they are worst that rascists. you are their skin and blood and what creed and culture you come from should not effect how they treat you, but obviously it does. tell them all to shove it in my honest opinion, (sorry).

and as to your children not having to deal with it, well the dont treat them how you are being treated. the world is not as small monded as thos in your family that are being like this.

you do not need to be pegion-holed.
    you do not need a lable.

you have a creed, and a belonging.

and that is that you are HUMAN.
  6. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

I guess I'm a "half breed."

My father was Turkish/Cypriot and my mother's full English/white.

I identify more with my white/English side though. My father died when I was 7 and I've never been anywhere near Cyprus and I don't know a word of the Turkish language, so I guess it's understandable. Some of my friends don't even know I'm half Turkish. :blink:
  7. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

insert PC quote and statement to make me look good, followed by warm fussies. :laugh:

but on a serious note, ones background, history and culture are a part of ones identity regardless of race and in regards to race.
  8. hammockmonkey

It isn't a matter of self. It's I don' want people ever think to ask "what are you." I know who my parents are, who my grandparents were. I'm fine with it. I love them. I don't want people who I don't know to think that they matter. I don't want my children to think that such things matter, or to deal with the idiotic questions I have to deal with.

What I mean is that their identity comes doesn't only from their parents, grandparents. Their identity comes from themselves, that their identity comes from who they are, what they've done. I think you should be proud of who your parents are, your grandparents (beyond that) just that it's not important to people you don't really know.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2009
  9. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

This is not a matter to ponder upon, it does not matter.
  10. hammockmonkey

only if you don't deal with it.
  11. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I'm biracial and really proud of both family sides. Both ethnicities are underdogs, though. So I still get to blame the man - which is frankly the English :tongue:.

Mixed American starting in Walter Sullivan's plantation 1863.

Throw in some Jewish and American Indian and it's all good.

I was really bothered with part of my ancestry after reading Alex Halley's Roots. But over time I stopped really paying attention to race or ethnicity. If Malcolm X can put race behind, so can anybody.
  12. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

next time someone does ask, simply reply with your name, you are unique and nothing else matters
  13. hammockmonkey

It isn't so much the malicious as the innocent ones that cut.

It's not that I have to answer so much as they think to ask.
  14. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

personally, I don't even think we should categorize dogs that way in
    what some people may be deluded into calling an 'enlightened age'
    ...haven't actually heard anyone say that...enlightened age, that is

anyway, it's not, but it could be. mixed dogs and mixed humans are
    superior. superior animals shouldn't be imprisoned in dog pounds while
    people pay thousands of dollars for so called pure bred animals....

and mixed people should just be people. it's kinda hard to have pure
    bred people anyway. all that stuff about not marrying yer cousin was for
    a good reason, not just a whim.

am not disagreeing with you. just piggybacking my agenda on top of
    your comments :)

people who actually are enlightened, such as everyone on this thread,
    obviously don't give all that bullshit about people being "mixed race"
    a second thought. peoples iz peoples. my own background is irish/german
    english/french canadian etc... there was a bald bastard in there some
    wheres on my mommas side who threw a little follically challenged
    poop in the gene pool, but otherwise, the mix seems pretty robust :)

how could anyone find fault with hammock or his genetics? p'shaw
  15. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

you can't change how others choose to assist or sabatoge their own
    evolution. innocent they may be, and hence need no real admonishment.
    what good would it do anyway?

but you don't have to take it personally if another human being is a nitwit.
    maybe it is their true nature at this stage of developement to be a nitwit.
    just shrug and say "hell if I know? aint got no papers!" :biggrin: