Halloween 14lbs weight loss challenge

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Petal, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Let's try and lose a stone (14lb) (6kg) by Halloween. It's 12 weeks to halloween so its very do-able!!

Who is up for the challenge? I need to lose weight for my health and appearance! I hope people will join in here and we all know how the psych medications can pile on the pounds.

C'mon let's do this!! :greatidea:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2015
  2. Akichan

Akichan New Member

im with you ^-^ just a little shocked halloween is so close O.O
    anyway.. for me its 14kg i want to get down to in the next time. With the DDP yoga diet and an online gym ^^ last days were rough soo i quitted <,< but still ate ok....
    i hope we guys can motivate each other a little.

3. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Halloween is doable 2-3 lbs/week is a safe way to lose weight but it is difficult. I just joined Weight watchers so I will be hungry but motivated.

4. Petal

I had made a mistake its 12 weeks to halloween so even more do-able!!

5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Start to walk an hour in the morning. Carbs in the morning. Porridge with blueberries. Green tea to help the metabolism change. Small portion of food in small plate. Protein at night. A walk at night for an hour. Make sure you have proper trainers for walking.

Petal focus yourself and ignore any horrible comments from anyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2015
  6. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I am in! 14lbs off (at least) by Halloween. I should have a shiny new kitchen to play with by the end of this week so no excuses at all!

7. Petal

Now you're in there is no way out @ freya :p

My sister just wanted to order me a chinese and got pushy about it. I stuck to my guns and had scrambled eggs, yumm! I don't miss fast food :)

8. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

I accept your challenge. Let's do this!!!!

9. Petal

Yes no excuse at all, get those shiny new pots out and start making some healthy filling meals :p I envy you right now lol

10. Petal

Pepsi Max has become my new drink of choice, I know water is better but I have a thing for fizzy drinks.
    14lbs by halloween. I can so do this. I gave up smoking, gave up xanax, I can do anything, as they say the world is your oyster.
    I have a sprained foot so I cannot exercise right now but I can change my eating habits.

11. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I'll gladly sign up :) I hope to lose 1/2 stone or a stone by 31st Oct. (which i think is halloween, dunno sorry)

12. Petal

Yes that is Halloween and good luck :)

2 people like this.
  13. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

three weeks in and I have lost 3.5 pounds. But it agonizing because I like food plus snacking which is why I'm fat. How has anyone else done? BTW I joined Weight Watchers because I need the discipline, meager that it is.

14. Cicada 3301

Really good job cymbele! Keep it going

15. Petal

Well done cymbele that is brilliant. I am restarting my diet now and hope to have a few lbs down by next week and so on.

16. danni

danni Chat Buddy

keep it up lynn !! i want to lose at lease 5 to 10 in 2 weeks before halloween too.

17. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Hijacking this thread for a moment to promote the new Body Image Group :) come along and join us!

18. Cicada 3301

I lost a 1/4 of a stone. Same as cymbele

19. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Couldn't get into the new group.
    Anyway I probably won't make 14 lbs by Halloween. I am down 6 lbs but Halloween is in two weeks.
    Oh well it was a good motive to do this.