Halloween Discussion Thread for 2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedy

Staff Alumni
As many of you may be aware of, October 30/31, 2011, will be celebrated in some places as Halloween. It is a tradition where I live as well! If you all are celebrating it, an early "Happy Halloween" wish to you! :halloween

So... what are you all dressing up as? Or, are you giving out candy?? Let's tell about our favorite halloween stories, experiences, etc. Any particular candies you like to eat? Decorating/carving pumpkins? Taking a trip to the local pumpkin patch? Decorating your yards? Giving out candy (me!!)? Ladies and gentlemen, this is the SF Coffee House Halloween discussion thread for 2011!

Cheers!!!!

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
I shall be on the couch with all the lights out,keeping as quiet as a mouse.When they start knocking at the door I shall be praying that they move along quickly and go bug someone else. Yippee can't wait :-(

mlxjaded

Halloween is my favorite holiday :) Back home I used to LOVE handing out candy to kids, seeing all the cool costumes and such. And, of course, I used to love trick or treating when I was little. Halloween was huge on the street I grew up on and I would always have a ridiculous amount of candy at the end of the night. I'm at school now so I'll probably just stay in and watch some scary movies on TV/Netflix and eat candy and popcorn. I love almond joys and kit kats the best, mouthwatering. There's just something about horror movies that I love, I can't explain it.

Speedy

Staff Alumni
Thanks for sharing, everyone! :biggrin:

I can't remember all the costumes I have dressed up as, but the most memorable ones were as Big Bird and Darth Vader. I remember having this red light saber sword thingamajig that made noises and lit up red. Loved it! And Big Bird... I think that was when I was 5 or 6.

As a kid, I used to go trick or treating until it was 9 PM. Often, I'd make several trips with containers, and I was one spoiled rotten kid! Like.. I'd go home and hide all the candies I'd collected.. and most years I didn't eat most of them and just kept them hidden. Lol...

This year, I'll probably be handing out candy. There are very few trick or treaters here nowadays, but back then the streets were packed.

Mandy1

Antiquities Friend & Senior Member
Can someone tell me what Halloween is all about,apart from the fun factor,whats the real reason its celebrated ?

Mr Stewart

and for adults it's generally about having costume themed parties and drinking a lot. Which I guess makes it about the same as every other day of the year but with costumes.

Like Mark, I will be at home avoiding with the whole business. Fortunately I live in an apartment so the odds of children knocking on my door are slim.

Stripe

Halloween is being put off till november 2nd for me.

Me and a mate are going to stick to our halloween tradition and get 2 18 inch pizzas and an ungodly amount of sweets and we are gonna settle down to watch 3 horror films in a row.

This years theme is scary girls. The Exorcist followed by The Ring and ending with Carrie.

Halloween rules.

Me and a mate are going to stick to our halloween tradition and get 2 18 inch pizzas and an ungodly amount of sweets and we are gonna settle down to watch 3 horror films in a row.

This years theme is scary girls. The Exorcist followed by The Ring and ending with Carrie.

Halloween rules.
That sounds a pretty good way to enjoy Halloween if you have a friend,I do enjoy the scary movie part of it,just not the kids knocking on doors begging part.

Trick or treaters are knocking on and i'm hiding from them, poor kids, i'd give them something but i can't even afford stuff for myself at the moment. I feel bad now.

Lana

Halloween rules.
That sounds awesome :) I love watching scary movies.
I'll be celebrating it on the 4th. A friend's throwing a party at her place.
Happy Halloween!!

S8pxph

I went home to carve pumpkins and trick or treat with my little sister : ) It was honestly the best night I've had in so long and I'm really happy right now! Also, this was my costume:

Click!

Also, I carved a pumpkin and put it over a disco ball, so this is what it looked like:

In the dark!
In the light!

It made really cool Halloween shapes on the wall!! : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00