1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halloween Lonliness

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by alyssaswoon, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alyssaswoon

alyssaswoon Well-Known Member

Today is just one of those days nothing goes right.
    I had a great night planned, I was supposed to go carve a pumpkin with my fiance, but that got cancelled. Then as a backup one of my friends invited me out for a drink, then cancelled after I had done my (Halloween) makeup. Not many things get me down more than disappointments.
    Halloween is one of my favourite holidays and all I did tonight was waste my time doing makeup to be cancelled on twice, alone. It's days like this that my depression really takes hold and I get so low. I wish I would just give up so I can not have to re-live nights with feelings like this.
    I don't necessarily feel like ending my life tonight, I just can't help but sit here and think about how much more of this depression and suicidal feelings I can take before I snap.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I've had one of those nights in my life and they stink!
    If there was no good reason for you being bailed on, then I would confront the people concerned and tell them how upset you were, and how would they like being dumped for the evening.
    If, however, there were valid reasons, then it's a case of take it on the chin.

All the same, I do remember just how upset and miserable I felt when it happened to me, so have a :hug:

3. alyssaswoon

alyssaswoon Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for reading my post, and thanks for the :hug: I could use one of those.

4. Buddy66

Buddy66 Member

I feel for you. 13 yrs ago, my wife and I split up and I took my kids, 6 and 3 at the time, for my last Halloween trick or treating and then I was out of our home right after. When I think about it too much, the guilt and everything all comes back. I have to remind myself how at 20 and 15, what great kids they turned out to be today. But yeah, Halloween is not a good day for me. Take care...

5. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

At least you don't feel like ending your life. Can't say the same for myself. I ought to kill myself because LIFE SUCKS AND ISN'T FOR ME. I don't belong among the living.

6. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

i hope you have a better night tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.