Halloween Lonliness

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by alyssaswoon, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alyssaswoon

alyssaswoon Well-Known Member

Today is just one of those days nothing goes right.
    I had a great night planned, I was supposed to go carve a pumpkin with my fiance, but that got cancelled. Then as a backup one of my friends invited me out for a drink, then cancelled after I had done my (Halloween) makeup. Not many things get me down more than disappointments.
    Halloween is one of my favourite holidays and all I did tonight was waste my time doing makeup to be cancelled on twice, alone. It's days like this that my depression really takes hold and I get so low. I wish I would just give up so I can not have to re-live nights with feelings like this.
    I don't necessarily feel like ending my life tonight, I just can't help but sit here and think about how much more of this depression and suicidal feelings I can take before I snap.
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I've had one of those nights in my life and they stink!
    If there was no good reason for you being bailed on, then I would confront the people concerned and tell them how upset you were, and how would they like being dumped for the evening.
    If, however, there were valid reasons, then it's a case of take it on the chin.

All the same, I do remember just how upset and miserable I felt when it happened to me, so have a :hug:
  3. alyssaswoon

alyssaswoon Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for reading my post, and thanks for the :hug: I could use one of those.
  4. Buddy66

Buddy66 Member

I feel for you. 13 yrs ago, my wife and I split up and I took my kids, 6 and 3 at the time, for my last Halloween trick or treating and then I was out of our home right after. When I think about it too much, the guilt and everything all comes back. I have to remind myself how at 20 and 15, what great kids they turned out to be today. But yeah, Halloween is not a good day for me. Take care...
  5. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

At least you don't feel like ending your life. Can't say the same for myself. I ought to kill myself because LIFE SUCKS AND ISN'T FOR ME. I don't belong among the living.
  6. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

i hope you have a better night tonight.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.