Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Petal, Oct 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi everyone! Has anyone got anything planned for Halloween? Any parties? Dressing up? Taking the kids trick-or-treating?

Personally I hate Halloween, I'm afraid of fireworks , they're dangerous, kids setting them off....which is why they are illegal (unless you have a license) but anyway that's not what this thread is about PLANS FOR HALLOWEEN? I might just stay in and watch a scary movie, that's as badass I will get haha!

I do hope everyone has a great Halloween and enjoys the barm brak and monkey nuts!!! :mad2:
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'm the opposite haha, I love fireworks, but there are never any here for Halloween. I do hate the loud noise though, but like the way they look. And I really like Halloween, I like dressing up, but don't really have anything planned. Probably buy a bunch of candy and pig out at home :lol:

I had to look up barmbrak and monkey nuts...never heard of them before :lol:
  3. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

No fireworks here on Halloween either. I like the scary movies, and by tons of candy.....to eat myself.
  4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

The condominium management office collects candy contributions from the residents and hands out the goodies in the lobby, so the kids don't go door-to-door throughout the building.

I love seeing the toddlers and little ones all dressed up. Their eyes get s-o-o-o big when they watch you put candy in their bag! So cute!
  5. Clementine

Clementine Well-Known Member

Fireworks on Halloween?!!!
  6. tiggersafire

tiggersafire Well-Known Member

I am definitely dressing up! As a..... MINION! lol I have my overalls, a button with Gru's symbol on it, a yellow shirt, a winter minion hat, and goggles.

First I am handing out candy at home with my grandparents and aunt, then I am going down to a club with my friends that has a costume contest. I won't win, but I really wanted to be a minion anyway! :p
  7. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

I can't wait for Halloween, I love pumpkin spice coffee, and the scary move marathon. The last time I dressed up was in 2008, and it was lots of fun - wonderful memories :)
  8. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Minnie, I love the cat Pic, What is a minion? lol
  9. tiggersafire

tiggersafire Well-Known Member

Thank you Lee! That is my kitty, Lindor!

A minion? From Despicable Me! The little yellow guys in overalls!
  10. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

It's lovely when the little kids come round all dressed up, but when it's older ones, then you sometimes find your car covered in eggs in the morning. Oh well, part of the fun I suppose lol
  11. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Got kit kat minis am out in the county doubt will get any kids
  12. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Four little kids came round from No. 11 (next door) last night, all dressed up in costumes they had obviously made themselves, (either that or Mum or dad made them lol)
  13. JMG

JMG Well-Known Member

I realize hw is "over" now lol but w/e just wanted to say no I never do much of anything for halloween but love the candy part of it. We had some kit kat's & coffee crisps which are some of our fave chocolate bars. Hope ev1 had a happy halloween! :)
  14. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Halloween Candy! :yay: - will be heading to walgreens tomorrow or Monday to see if they have any halloween candy on clearance- usually a couple days after it goes on 75% off clearance so I can stock up like that since trick or treating is not allowed for my age category lol
  15. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

^ Lol, that's what I did today! DIdn't get much in Walgreens though, but got 5 bags of candy in another store, and probably more when I go shopping again. Like I really need all of that, I'm hyper enough without sugar added :heh:
  16. DrownedFishOnFire

can't believe christmas displays are already out
  17. Donnanobispacem

Donnanobispacem Well-Known Member

I hate Halloween, not the cute kiddie dress-up hand-out-candy stuff, but the nasty unpleasant let's-all-mock-about-death type...but I hate it even more when I went to wash my car today over a week later and found the stupid cobweb stuff my neighbor hung everywhere ( yes, same woman who complains about 99 % of other people's activities ) was stuck all over my car...
  18. Donnanobispacem

Donnanobispacem Well-Known Member

I saw a big sign today said 'It's Christmas!'
    No it's not : )
  19. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Lol Donna!!! It's always those who complain about others actions who need to take a good look into the mirror. Hope you enjoyed your halloween anyway =)
  20. DrownedFishOnFire

No more clearance candies left :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.