Hanging by a thin thread

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by GoldenPsych, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

I am struggling I really am. I drank too much last night and was in hospital over night in the resus area of emergency then a ward. I can't cope anymore and I dont feel as though I have anything to look forward to. I drank a lot, I drank because I can't cope. It wasn't an attempt to die but one of these days it will kill me if I dont overdose first. I see a counsellor and take pills but they don't work. I am going to the doctors on Wednesday and since last time I went I have been in hospital 2x. Once for overdosing on my medication and last night when I passed out through drink. I dont have a problem with alcohol to the extent that I drink everyday or crave it, it is the way in which I use it as I use it to forget my problems. Maybe it is a cry for help I dont know, maybe being admitted to a psychiatric hospital would help but I dont want the stigma that goes with it. I dont want my family or friends or work colleagues to know the true extent of what goes on or to know what is going on at all. Maybe I am crazy I don't know!
    I thought a lot of the reason why I felt like the way I do was as I was having problems in my relationship, however they are all sorted now. I think I need to attribute things to it but i dont know what causes it. I have thoughts of ending it all everyday and I am thinking of ways in which I could. I dont know how much longer I can go on like this. HOw much longer will it take.
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Please don't drink so much alcohol golden. Come to the chatroom and talk about what's bothering you.
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry you have decided to use alcohol as you have. If it isn't an addiction now, it will be soon. Please do the best you can to stay away from this crutch as it only leads to increased problems down the road.
  4. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

Plese do all you can to stay away from drink, I've been there, and I caught my issue with it before I was really addicted, but it was still very hard to give up, I can't imagine what it would have been lke if I had not stopped. Now I'm a caffeine addict, which is not good as I can't sleep :sad:

LILICHIPIE Well-Known Member

6. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

sertraline 100mg
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.