Discussion in 'After Effects' started by darknight, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darknight

darknight Member

Is it possible to survive hanging yourself? I know ODing is pretty unreliable.
  2. aki

aki Well-Known Member

Yep you could end up brain damaged if someone finds you before you die. And that's maybe a possibility because it's hard to do it properly and die straight away. You would probably hang choking for a few minutes before you die.
  3. darknight

darknight Member

I actually want to "feel" death, so choking is not much a problem. The brain damage/surviving is what I want to avoid.
  4. aki

aki Well-Known Member

do you want to talk about it? don't do anything on impulse.
  5. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

Yes it's possible. Rope can break, whatever the rope is supported on could break, noose is done incorrectly, someone finds you before you die, etc.
  6. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

Please don't do this darknight, can you tell us why you feel so bad?
  7. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

There has to be a better way darknight. Please don't hang yourself. :hug:
  8. darknight

darknight Member

Well I learned how to tie a hangman's knot, took about five seconds. Thanks wiki.

Just now I went downstairs to my basement because there is a beam where I can hang myself - I just wanted to look at it. But then I saw a skipping rope so I made the noose and proceeded to tie the other end to the beam. The rope was bit too long, I was standing on a chair and I put the rope around my neck and I started to crouch so I could feel the tightning around my neck (by this time my legs were shaking a bit, but I felt "alive" for the first time in years . I had this exhilirating moment - finally something was happening to me. I wanted to see if the rope could handle my weight so I grabbed the top with my hands, however I didn't seem to tie it to the beam properly it came loose and I fell.
  9. Ire

Ire Guest

Please don't do it. What if you end up regretting it and it's ends up being to late? How horrible would that be?
  10. Broken Wings

Broken Wings Well-Known Member

Yes. I'm proof of that.

It is definately a harsh way to go (also a rather ineffective one.), not one to pick lightly.

I hope you can find some good people to help you feel better, there are some great people around here.
  11. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

if u are unsucessful in achieving death by hanging, you'd end up with a broken neck, paralysed from neck to toe and have to live on like this for the rest of your life.
  12. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

yes it is definitely possible to survive hanging. first you could be found early and end up in a vegetable state with permanent life long brain damage, you will never be able to take care of yourself again or enjoy the few good things that we have in life. secondly, half way through the hanging process the rope could snap and therefore you could also end up brain damaged. hanging is not the way to go..

The route you should take is getting some help, see a doctor,therapist,psychiatrist ,anyone. once you are sure that your on the road to recovery your suicidal feelings should disappear.

good luck, stay safe and take care :hug:
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.