Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Slothbear, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Slothbear

Slothbear Well-Known Member

My cousin's grandfather past away on friday. Although he wasn't related to me(actually he wasn't technically related to my cousin either but that's another story though) he was still a big part of my life. Him and his wife lived right underneath my cousin and when ever i went over to visit they were there. I'm feel fortunate that i was able to visit him one more time this past April. I don't think i'll be able to to make the funeral though. :( I feel bad that towards the end of his life my cousins family i felt like treated him as if he were already dead in away. They moved his wife into a home across the country. I realize she has severe altheimers but i feel like they just should have waited a few more weeks before they did it so he could have been there with his wife when during his last breathe. Anyway i`m not going to go on about how i think things should have been handled because it`s too late. He did have what i beleive was a happy life. He had 4 kids, and over a dozen grandchildren. He was also veteran and loved the military and will likely be buried in the military cemetery.

Good bye Hank,
    Take care of my pets up there until i join you.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hard to know why families do what they do Rip Hank hugs to you