Happiness doesn't exist

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by i need relief, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm starting to be convinced that happiness simply doesn't exist. It's just a long life of misery until our old and decrepit bodies finally just give out. Sometimes there are slight signs of happiness, but they're only temporary; they never last. It's just right back into the shit pile afterward. The temporary feelings of happiness aren't enough. It's probably impossible to truly feel happy to be alive.
  2. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

You know i felt just that way once. Then i got baptized and got into the christian spirit as others like to call it but things still did not got well and i fell back out of that happiness. I can relate to what you are feeling cause i feel the same way right now.
  3. Issac

Issac Member

hope you can get better...If you like someone to speak...i'm willing to listen your story...
  4. -Deception-

-Deception- Well-Known Member

Happiness is but an illusion. As you say, it's like this temporary glimmer of light in an otherwise pitch black darkness. Happiness comes along so rarely in a lifetime otherwise filled with work, demands, duties and strifes. At the same time, it's something mankind craves for constantly. The search for happiness is a true human curse.

People who live life trying to be "happy" are inevitably doomed to be unhappy. In order to truly deal with this life, you have two choices: 1) shut down your feelings and live life as a cold, indifferent and realistic person or 2) end it all right here, right now.

Fighting to live a "happy" life is useless and will only render you bitter and disappointed. No hope = no disappointment.
  5. corral

corral Guest

i agree cause i can count days when i was happy.. thats it.. still waiting to be totaly happy.
    i believe there are some people though that are if not always but happy most of the time.
  6. I don't know. I just don't know. I've been living under the promise that true happiness can be attained. I've continued on because I had hope that one day the suffering might all be worthwhile. Hoping that I could one day wake up and be happy to be alive. I had hope that all the things I want in life were possible to achieve, and that these things would bring me happiness.

I just don't know anymore.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.