Happiness

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by candiz, Oct 27, 2008.

1. candiz

candiz Active Member

I go to school. I have a job. I have good friends and I love my family.
    Why is it that Im still not happy? I know happiness must come from within and I think I'm happy with myself but I feel like theres is something missing. Am I taking life for granted? I just feel hopeless and tired all the time. Its so hard for me to let go of my sorrow. Every day Im reminded of how bad life sucksss

p.s. drinking alcohol is the only time where I dont think about how much I hate my life... so that means Im not always sad :biggrin:

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Are you depressed? The brain can do nasty things. That seems the most likely candidate. You could check into it: with an ordinarily good life and an antidepressant, you could get going again.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2008
  3. candiz

candiz Active Member

i dont think Im depressed. Sometimes I feel really "normal" whatever that means. Ecstasy and Weed have made my symptoms worse. It has been so hard to get back on track... Alcohol made me feel alive again.. Wouldnt it be nice, to have smby you dont know listen to you? Somebody that really cares about what you have to say... My father just told me today that Im too nice to people. People would use me for their advantage. I dont think Im naiv at all... hmmm it just got me thinkin...

4. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Candiz. Have you ever tried a spiritual practice like meditation or yoga? Maybe that's what you need to feel better about your life? You sound like you have everything you already need materially. You just need something else.

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

No one ever does think they're depressed, but general unhappiness is a pretty good indicator.

6. candiz

candiz Active Member

dave i do exercise and eat healthy. I still have mad mood swings. Yesterday I was so happy I almost cried and that was for no reason. These come and go. I hope I dont suffer from depression. Im 19 is there such a thing like late-puberty? Thanks you guys for your input so far. :biggrin: