Happy 2nd birthday, my little angel.

My dearest Baby Mine,

It's been four months since you grew your wings and flew away from us. It's been two years since I received the phone call of your birth, and 23 months since we learned we had to say goodbye and had to watch you suffer painfully until you were finally taken into peace.

Your daddy, mommy, and me think about you every day and miss you even more. We love you so very much and I promise, that when Aunty gets her certificate and helps all the animals she hopes to help, she will do everything she can to make sure no more little boys and girls suffer anymore. That is my birthday gift to you, I only wish I could hold you and tell it to your beautiful face.

I love you so much, Carter. I loved you before you were born, I loved you even when you were just a thought when I was 11 years old. I wanted so much to be an aunty, and you gave me that gift. No matter the short time we had together, we had time and I will forever be grateful for that. To you, to God, and to your mommy and daddy and all the doctors and nurses at the hospital, and all of our Menkes friends who never met you, but loved you just the same. Without them, you would not have been able to be with us for as long as we were granted. I try hard not to think about how sad I am that we never got to see you grown, that we didn't get enough time, or that you could never run, or play or live like the other children here on Earth. But I'll admit it's hard some days. I only hope that you know we are grateful for the time we did have with you, and always will be.

I love you, sweetheart. As much as I loved your cousins and your uncles who I know are looking after you in heaven now. With the many rainbows that I know they've sent me to let me know that everything is going to be all right, and the many signs they've given me to tell me that you're safe. Give them my love, as I know they will give to you from me.

Happy birthday, my little elephant. You probably will never know how much my heart will ache for you until we meet again.

I love you always,
Aunty Amy.

Speedy

Staff Alumni
Hi Amy :wave:

I agree with J. It is touching.. What an affectionate tribute to your nephew. :hug: Talk to you soon.

R.I.P. Carter

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00