Happy Birthday, Amy...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by forgotten1, Apr 2, 2009.

1. forgotten1

forgotten1 Member

I spent my 22nd birthay exactly like I thought I would. Alone.

I got 2 birhtday cards. One from a foreign girl who just came in as a temp at work, and one from work that everyone gets on their "special day". I got 3 VMs from relatives I otherwise never hear from and one late last night from my mom apologizing, not for telling me how bad of a person I am, but apologizing that I'm mad at her about it. Thanks, Mom. I guess your pain will always be someone else's fault.

I ate take out chicken and sat in the silence. That's what happens when you have no TV or radio and no gas to drive you anywhere else. I did get a visit from my landlord, though... asking for rent. So, for my birthday, I spend hundreds of dollars to stay there... in the silence... alone.

I didn't even take a bath yesterday. I laid in bed wearing my work clothes stairing at the ceiling until the night fell. Once I could no longer hear the kids screaming downstairs I drifted to sleep singing "happy birthday" to myself... since no one else did.

This morning I woke up debating on wearing the same clothes as yesterday. Not like anyone notices anyway. But I didn't. I put on different, but still ugly, clothes and listened to talk radio during my 20 mintue commute. I like to listen about the world going to shit. That way I know it's not only me.
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Sorry that your birthday was such a bust. But you did get some notice from a few people. Now what you need to do is after work today pick up one really funny book from the library or at a bookstore (spoil yourself after all it is your gift to you). Then pick up a bottle of pop and some evil fattening potatoe chips (even no name brand to save a few cents) and get into the most comfortable clothes you have and the most comfortable place in your home and read!! Let your mind take in everyting from the book so it blocks out all the other negative stuff and maybe even the kids downstairs. But do it just for you hun. If the phone rings.... let it. If some one rings at the door ignore it. Pretend the outside world doesnt exist just like it felt like it didnt yesterday. But this time it is on your terms and not theirs. Belated but carrying many well wishes..... Happy Birthday Hun!!!! Hope you enjoy your day after your birthday celebration!!!