Happy Birthday to me!

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Tecky, Nov 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tecky

Tecky Well-Known Member

Today, the 1st of November, is my birthday.

Because it may very well turn out to be the last birthday I ever celebrate, I decided to do something nice for myself. I just got off work like 2 hours ago. I meant to go buy a little cake for myself (chocolate) and some nice wine, but as I was leaving the work site, I got into a big screw up about my uniform and that ruined the mood.

I was supposed to receive my second set of security officer uniform today but the idiot brought the wrong size. Bearing in mind that I work 72 hours a week, I think it is only reasonable that I get 2 sets of uniforms. Anyway, the messenger brought the wrong size and I had to wait for a half hour for him to get off his mobile before I could explain the situation to him. I was told to wait till the next time he visits (whenever that is).

So feeling rather put upon, I left the work site. I had planned on going to the cafe and buying myself a nice cake, but I was too upset after the screw up to bother. As if things weren't bad enough, when I reached my neighbourhood, I remembered I left my umbrella at the work site. Darn. I don't even know if it will still be there tomorrow.

Since it may well be the last birthday I celebrate, I decided to do something nice for myself anyway. I went into the 7-11 and bought myself a large bag of Ruffles potato chips and some beer. The time now is 10.22pm and I am drinking the last can of my Asahi beer. I think I will open the bag of chips now. Happy Birthday! A really really happy birthday to me since it may well be the last birthday I celebrate!

Nobody else wished me a happy birthday today. There's just me.

Teck

2. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

happy birthday! and dont worry about the uniform, it wasnt a stab at you it was a mistake. enjoy your chips and savour every one! :hug:

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Get an ice cream cake tomorrow!

Ice cream cakes are the only reason I care about my birthday at all.

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Have a Happy Birthday. Remember that we are all human and mistakes can be made. Don't let the issue with the uniform ruin your day. :hug:

5. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Happy birthday to you. Sorry that the uniform mistake messed things up, but enjoy the rest of your day and enjoy your food :)

6. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

Happy birthday Tecky, eat some cake for me hehe :)

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

happy birthday!!

8. Tecky

Tecky Well-Known Member

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! :)

They made me happier after the rotten day I had. The time now is 10.06pm and I got off work 2 hours ago. And what a day it was! I was feeling so down, but when I logged on to suicideforum.com, I was pleasantly surprised to see so many people wishing me a happy birthday! Thank you!

I will write about my rotten day and post it to the 'Let it all out' forum.

Teck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.