Happy but suicidal?!?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by xXxJJxXx, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXxJJxXx

xXxJJxXx Active Member

I was in a really deep depression about a year ago when I had a total breakdown and was suicidal.
    I've managed to pull myself out of that depression and I guess I'm happy now (can't really remember what happy is like) but I still want to end it all. Simply because I don't want things to end up like they were before.
    I'm pretty sure I won't end up trying to act on those thoughts and urges but am I really weird for thinking that way?

2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Nope i have been through that before. Just enjoy it while it lasts.

3. Punk

Punk Well-Known Member

No you are not weird but you do need to make sure you cannot get as low as before. This is very difficult but will ultimately help and make sure you know how to escape the depression, to follow a similar route out from the mayhem.

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

This is not weird at all...escape routes are very hard to let go of...the more happiness you experience and the more comfort you can find, the less you will need these thoughts...big hugs, J

5. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I'm the very same way. I'm happy, ecstatic at times, and am still suicidal.

6. DannyBoy

DannyBoy Well-Known Member

I've had suicidal thoughts while in a decent mood.

7. icewolf

icewolf Member

Wel, if you are bipolar, the it makes perfect sense, since experienced has made you suspicious of good moods, cause they always drop again. And the higher you get, the lower you wil drop again, right?

But the others are right, enjoyit while it lasts. Really live it up.

Also, moodstabilizers should keep you from falling too low after a high. might be worthwhile asking a psychiatrist about that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.