Happy Christmas?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by aoeu, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Have you ever had one? I haven't. It would be nice to have at least one before I die... But that seems entirely unlikely given that I'm alone again. I hate this season. :(
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

My mom was faced with no money and being alone one year. I suggested she volunteer to serve food at the shelter. She and my daughter went. They came back with smiles on their faces and said this was the best thing they could have done.

When the angels announced the birth of Jesus, they said, "peace on earth and goodwill towards men."

Let your goodwill towards others be your focus for Christmas.

3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I used to, back when I was little.

Last year we didn't even do a tree.
  4. Kris.T

Kris.T Well-Known Member

Not planning on a tree, or any decorations for the house at all. No doubt somebody will do it while I'm out and think it's cute for me to have some christmas decoration.

The last few years have sucked. My mother spends all afternoon cooking the best food you can ever eat, but unfortunately she has a bit of a drinking problem, and tends to have a few too many to celebrate the occasion. 2 years ago she was that drunk, she fell over in the bathroom and hit her head on the toilet, I ran in after hearing the noise to find her bleeding from the head, ends up she only cut some part of her ear, but it was scary as fuck seeing your mom laying unconscious, with blood coming from her head.

I generally just hate this time of year. I don't believe in the religious story we're meant to believe about Dec 25th. Nor do I care for the giving and recieving of gifts, or the idea we should all be nice and loving eachother on that day, more then any other.

For me, it's another day where I see everybody else sitting around happy, and it only amplifies how unhappy I really am.
  5. pither

pither Well-Known Member

Traditionally Christmas has been an overall bad time for my family- Mostly cause it's a bad time for my father and him being the attention seeker he is makes it crappy for everyone. Things always seem to happen to my family around this time too. For instance last year our water heater exploded and flooded our entire basement with freezing water not to mention my dad having to be rushed to the emergency room after having a heart attack, and the year before that my dad was in the hospital after he claimed he was going to finally kill himself. But this year our house caught fire and we'll be living with my aunt over the holiday season-

But all that aside, most have turned out alright in the end- well a few anyways. As shitty as it gets my family somehow makes the best of things.
  6. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

All of my Christmases have been wonderful so far. Being with my family, seeing the tree, giving and opening presents, the big feast. These are some of my best memories.

But I know that one day this will end. One day, there won't be another happy Christmas. No family, no warmth, no love. All of it will disappear someday. Do I really want to be around to watch that happen? Who in their right mind would want to live through that?
  7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

This time of year is always bad for me.. I had my nervouse breakdown this time of year.. Lost my job, lost my truck, lost my fiance'..Everything went to shit an I did my second attempt at suicide..No one thought it was strange that I was in bed for two days..My ex was staying away from the house..So it was me and her two sons..So I have had a hard time being around anyone.. Now when I go to christmas I usually find myself sitting outside by myself..
  8. nok1888

nok1888 Well-Known Member

Always have a great christmas but thats cause i have 2 kids
  9. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I used to have wonderful Christmas's up until recently. Last year was the worst. If I can make it thru til then with my job intacked, should be a good Christmas this year.
  10. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

Not looking forward... I'll probably have to study all through it. And I totally don't feel the love and family thing, I'm too cold. And nothing in the material department either, I don't think my mom has money this year... :( Like last year I got an electric toothbrush, lol wow. Grateful for her hard work and thing so it doesn't matter, just envying the rich kids...

I just want it all to go slow so I can get my study done, and be away from school... My depression is making me procrastinate too much.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.