Happy Halloween! (story-time)

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by lurktheshadows, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lurktheshadows

lurktheshadows Well-Known Member

Everyone tell their favorite most terrifying scary story
    it could be personal, it could have happened to someone else, or it could be completely fabricated
  2. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

True story.
    Me, my older brother and sister came home from school to an empty house.
    We could hear some one walking around upstairs and a low voice although we couldnt hear what was being said. We all panicked, ran outside and refused to go back in until our mum came home. I believe in ghosts and some one died in one of the bedrooms so it really creeped me out.
  3. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

This is probably more related to me being really sick (untreated) :laugh: but anyway...

Back in highschool which was 9 years ago now (fuck, i feel old saying that) i watched the movie pet cemetery, which in itself is not a scary movie but there is one character in there - Zelda.

Something about her really got to me. I started seeing her lie next to me in bed when i went to sleep each night. She'd just be there, staring at me, into my eyes, but deeper. I was paralysed with fear. I didn't sleep for a few days. It took a few months before it kind of started fading. I started forgetting her face and so i couldn't see her there anymore.

I've got a tonne more that are paranoia related (when i was really not well and probably should have been in hospital, about 20 years old) like people in the air conditioning vents, seeing faces on walls.

Now for one that's not related to me being crazy :laugh:

About 8 years ago when we moved house, we let a friend live with us for a while. Anyway, my friend and i kept finding bobby pins everywhere. We'd been living in the house for a few months and had cleaned it many times, and no one used bobby pins. But they kept appearing. One night we were stoned and made up a story about a demented ghost girl who had a headless doll :p

Fast forward a few months, mum was around and i found another bobby pin i was like 'oh for fucks sake, seriously where the hell are these coming from?!', my friend made a comment about the ghost girl being back. And mum said 'what ghost girl?' so we told her about the silly story we made up. Mum looked kind of shocked and eventually told me that when we very first moved in, her and dad were taking a video of the house, to capture what it all looked like before renovations.

In one room, on the video, there was a little girl standing in the corner. They couldn't explain it. Put it down to a trick of the light. They got rid of the video and never told me because they thought if i knew, i never would have moved in :laugh:

That whole house is scary. I've since moved out of home. But there was always something eery about it. Oh! Like when we first moved in, there were locks on the outsides of the doors and weird shit like that. I made dad take them down. And the cellar that was just dirt with plastic sheets covering the walls.

4. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

Halloween stories!

OK, this one is real. I swear.

Sooo, I was over at my best friend's house, and we were downstairs in her kitchen eating and watching TV. Her little sister (who was like 10 or 11? I think) comes screaming down the stairs from where their rooms are. We asked her what was up, and she was like, "MY DOLL MOVED!!! ODETTE IS ALIVE!!!" :blink:

Well, her little sister owned one of those life-size Barbie dolls. And she SWORE the doll had moved from in her closet to on her bed. And it was just the three of us in the house, and we didn't do it. So us being the older kids, we took the doll and put it in my friend's room, to calm her little sister down.

After we were done eating, we went outside to play in the yard and on the trampoline. We looked at the house, and in the window, we saw the doll. My friend's room had no window on the side of the house, and the little sister was outside with us. We FREAKED out and ran down the street to spend the rest of the afternoon with our other friend.

They finally got rid of the doll last year, thank GOD.
  5. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

This didn't happen around Halloween, it happened during winter break of 7th grade, so almost 2 years ago.

I was in an extra honors classes, where we spent homeroom making one big project, so at the end of the semester, we showed our projects off to the school. It was right after we had finished our first project of the year, and me and my friend (same one from the last story :laugh: ) were planning out what we wanted to do and brainstorming a little bit. She was sleeping over and it was a little late. She jumped up from the couch, and was like, "GHOSTS!!!!" I was like, "huh?"

She said she wanted to do our project on ghosts, and find local places that were supposed to be haunted and do reports on them and other things like that. We did some google searches, and we found this site about ouija boards. And it had directions on how to make one. She then was like, "we should do that right now!!! " I thought it sounded like a weird idea, but also kinda cool. Keep in mind I was a little 12 year old, so anything creepy like that sounded like a good idea. :laugh:

We made the board, and waited until midnight. The website said to not ask the ghost a couple of questions, like how they died, n stuff like that. It might piss them off. Also, it said to have one person to ask the questions. I wanted to! And, of course, I went against what the site said and asked the "ghost" everything the site told me NOT to.

And so now! I have a ghost in my house. We named him Frank. We've both seen him, and he messe around in my basement and my bathroom. -_-
  6. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

:laugh: I'm sure that was scary at the time but the life sizze doll one sounds funny to read.

When i was little, i never liked dolls, but being a girl, people would buy them for me. Mum said that i put them in the corner and made them face the wall :laugh:

Ouija boards...i'm not sure how i feel about them. You never know if someone is pushing the thingy. When i was 14 my friends and i played around with one, apparently the 'ghost' who came to talk to us was a friend's dead father....was one of the other girls in the group cruel enough to pretend to do that?
  7. PiecesMended

PiecesMended Well-Known Member

Okay this is very recent and was incredibly creepy even if it wasnt ghosts...
    Me and three mates went to the fireworks display at a park near where we live, there is a fair on the same day. well we had sparklers and we weren't allowed to use them in the fair so we went down to the play park to use them. we were ALL by this part with sand and stuff messing around but me and my other friend were keeping an eye on our stuff that was near a swing that we could see and wasn't far away at all. One of my friends went to grab her camera from her bag and it took her all of a minuete. Then not even five mins later iv'e gone to get my stuff and it wasnt where we left it. Eventually I saw that our bags had been DRAGGED through the mud and left in a triangle shape. I've freaked out, called them over thinking it was one of them before I realised it couldnt have been. We went to move away slightly but when my friend went to put her bag on it fell off and we found that it was broken (a clear CUT diagonally and the other side hacked at diagonally through the straps.) This was when me and my friend FREAKED we kept going "That's a knife cut, oh my F***ing god let's F***ing GO NOW!!!!" so we ran off and then found that there was NOTHING missing from our bags but my friends water that hadnt been opened before was open and her purse was soaked too o_O was scary even if it wasnt spirits really creeped us out. The stuff was so close to us we'd have heard it move. o_O
  8. fisch

fisch Well-Known Member

Arsenal lost to a very limited Newcastle side today. They were truly inept. True story.

Source: Moi, a Spurs fan ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.