happy nothing day

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by something., Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. something.

something. Guest

I always hear the same anecdote. Somewhere in the world at this very moment a guy and girl are meeting for the first time and falling in love. They'll become inseparable, marry, and have a baby whose birthday will be celebrated every year along with millions of other birthdays.

Now this is all well and good, but there are also countless other scenarios occurring simultaneously where a guy and girl (for any number of reasons) won't connect, or even if they do, some later circumstances will prevent a baby from being born even though the potential for a new life was there. So basically, nothing will happen.. and what's wrong with nothing? Nothing!

So thank you, nothing, for being nothing. I'd like to take a minute on this day to congratulate nothingness for its non-existence. Happy nothing day! (or happy nothing hour, or even minute if you're feeling especially indulgent) After all, each day, hour, minute, second, and so on.. a whole lot of nothing is going on. It's just difficult for us to notice since we're always paying attention to something rather than nothing.

Happy nothing day! There's nothing quite like it.
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Interesting thoughts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.