Hard night

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by moni8278, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moni8278

moni8278 New Member

I'm having a pretty rough night and decided to finally join the forum. One year ago tomorrow my uncle passed away at the age of 41. Also one year ago this month my mom was diagnosed with a brain tumor. She since has had two brain surgeries to remove the tumor and is recovering well. 2010 essentially was a roller coaster of emotions that triggered depression and anxiety. I have been on medication and going to therapy for about 7 months. I guess with the anniversary of all this coming up I'm just feeling really down. I've tried to do some self talk tonight, but nothings helping. I feel like life is miserable...all this pain and sadness. What's the point? Why live to put up with this misery? I just want it all to go away. I want to feel normal. I want to not be awake at 12am thinking of all this...I want to be free from this pain

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi i am glad you are posting your feeling here letting go of some of that pain
    The point is with therapy and the meds you will heal some and you will move forward it just take time okay to heal Just like a broken bone takes time to heal so does inner emotions as well. Reaching out here and to people is a great start you need patience i know that is hard when pain is all around but just know it gets better okay hang on

3. Chalmers

Chalmers Well-Known Member

Being awake in the middle of the night is the worse. Nothing drags like the clock when you want to sleep. I've been on sleeping pills for two months and now I'm waking up at 4:30 in the morning. It's an improvement from 3.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I know what you mean hugs to you i hope in time you can get 5 hrs sleep

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.