hard to hold on

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by rcrss5, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcrss5

rcrss5 New Member

lI am a single mom of five children. I am very depressed, I can usually pull myself together until my kids go to bed. However, the last couple of days has been very difficult. The psychological is hard to bare, I have been trying to get help but they say their first opening is in july. I cannot wait that long I don't want to die because my kids need me. But recently I've been thinking my ex husband can do better. I just don't know what to do.
  2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

There is various types of advice that could be given based upon where you are (country). If U.S., see if your ex will watch the children and contact the police. Ask for their Mobile Outreach Team, or equivalent. When they arrive, tell them exactly what you just said here. They will find a way to get you in for immediate evaluation and bring to you assistance. You have FIVE children to care for and kids DO NOT do well after a parent leaves like this. Do not leave. Get help and show your love to the kids by finding a way to fight the battle. There are quicker ways than waiting until July for that help. Persistence. The Squeaky Wheel Gets Greased.
  3. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Can your doc get you into somewhere quicker as ussually they can get the ball rolling quicker.I know here first signs of suicide talk they take action.Being a single Dad myself I know how important it is for you and your kids to get well.I know its hard to motivate yourself sometimes but keep researching your options to start getting this help sooner.When you find you need to vent use this forum also as there is alot of understanding people here.take care and good luck
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.