Hard to see things getting better

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sadhart, Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

I don't have the energy to go into a lot of details, but I just feel like no matter how much I keep going in life, things won't get any better. I honestly don't know how much longer I can keep going feeling so down and hopeless. Sorry for rambling like this.
  2. robroy

robroy Well-Known Member

It's alright sadheart, we never can know for sure what the future holds for us, so it's always better to keep going. There are always more happy memories around the corner:)
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am sorry you are feeling so down sadhart, when I feel low I watch a movie or any comedy to make me laugh, as they say laughter is the best medicine. What helps you usually when you are down? I hope you can get through this trying time!!
  4. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Sadhart, Please do not worry about rambling, I do that enough for 2 people! No one has told me to stop rambling yet! I really do not think you ever have to worry about it! I am sorry that you have low energy, in any case you don't have to be concerned about a lot of details, You are feeling down and hopeless and you don't know how long that you can carry on! I have and do feel that way from time to time, so each one of us here knows how you feel, That is why we are here for you! We will be here for you whenever we are needed, you have and do help and support others, right now you are depressed, that low energy you talked about, things can get better, I know. With your mind so slowed down it is hard to see anything at all positive, there are positive things out there,. there are positive people here! You are not alone, as long as you continue here you will never be alone! I know you would help me or others If we were down! I think about that every day that I am here, Please take care of Yourself, Be safe, Be gentle to Yourself, You Deserve a little!.
  5. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

Thank you. I guess I have just been thinking about the last year and a half. Nearly two years ago, I was struggling with alcoholism. Alcohol seemed like the only reason and way that I could get through all the hurt and pain in my life. Then, March of last year, all of that changed when I got stupid and contacted a crisis chat online, voicing that I was contemplating suicide. I ended up in the hospital and somewhere along the way, the idea of dealing with my alcoholism came up. Well, it's been over twenty months and I have been sober since. I am grateful for that. I know that I have said that before on here,and that I also say how I still struggle with being happy. I hate how I still struggle socially and I am afraid that I will always do and end up being alone and just stuck with my past hurts and pain. There's more, but that's all I have for right now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.