Hard work and little pay

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Razz63, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razz63

Razz63 New Member

I'm a fifty-year-old and I signed on to the site to see how other people cope with the distress I constantly associate with my own living. A little over two years ago I was fired from a large trucking firm for doing my job legally and I have been struggling ever since. Recently another large firm is threatening my job by laying off hundreds of people across the state of Illinois, and the fact is, I am worn out with looking for job after job to make up for the pitiful way people seem to need to treat each other in a work environment. Only two months ago, for instance, I had to actually go to corporate at my present business to get the dock personell associated with my deliveries to unload my truck so I could end my 14 hour day (fived days a week) on time, and legally. The people at the dock were throwing personal trash into my van after taking the freight off and insulting me with rude behavior even though I am extraordinarily polite and explained over and over again that I was a high priority delivery so that I could get off duty on time to stay legal. Day to day I see more and more road rage, police stops for traffic revenue and other such nonsense, and like I said: I really am interested in how other people deal with it, and any advice I can get about the same. Thanks, and how come no one has invented an emoticon with a helecopter gunship chasing a smiley across open terrain? I feel that way a lot, Razz63 :nonchalance:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Razz63 welcome to SF.

3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi Razz and welcome.. Look around here some and see if can find a good place for next post.. Lots of forums..got any questions please let us know.. Jim

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF Razz. It is good to have you join our community. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.