harm or not?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Fnord, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fnord

Fnord Member

Hey, all this stress and negative emotions lately is not only fucking up my mind, but my body also. There's a couple times where I've had chest pains and odd sensations, trouble breathing, and feeling light headed. Something hurts in my lung.

I feel like if I tell anyone who cares they'll try to make me go to the hospital. My roommate I did confide in already jokingly threatened to drag me in there. I just do not want to be treated. It doesn't help that I have no medical coverage and no money. I know the way my body feels enough to know that something is definitely wrong. Is it self-harm to suffer in silence? I think it is but I'm not sure.

I'm not trying to kill myself, but I feel like life is killing me.

Trying to calm down. :mellow:
  2. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

hmm not sure if that would be counted as self harm. do you get some form of release/satisfaction from the pain?

either way, you really should get checked out...

:hug:let me know how you're feeling :)
  3. music_addict

music_addict Well-Known Member

yeah, that sounds like an actual medical problem you got there. You should probably go see a doctor about that. There are free clinics you can go to.
  4. jjustme

jjustme Guest

Hm I dont know if you should call that self-harm... but I think it's better to go to a doctor....
    Good luck:hug:
  5. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

It's not self harm, you are not causing it deliberately. You might be using the pain to harm yourself, or not get it checked out to harm yourself, but you don't specify that, so from what you said, it is not you harming yourself.

Could it be panic attacks?

It is better to get it checked out at the doctors, there could be a perfectly reasonable explanation for it, or it might be something more serious.
  6. Believe

Believe Well-Known Member

While I don't think it is technically within the definition of self-harm, I wonder if it might be caused by the same line of thinking that self-harm is. Please consider seeing a doctor - ignoring symptoms like yours is not a wise decision.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.