Has a site ever ruined you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illusion

Title pretty much explains. Has a site online ever ruined or affected you in any way? Facebook has ruined me completely at the moment. Myspace did the same thing in the past to. Family members always found a way to get a hold of mine and message my friends, lecture me about my language/posts, and keep me from being myself. I honestly wont have it no more. I'm sick of making 20 something accounts just to run from them and then have them call my house non stop about my behavior. I don't care anymore. If they wanna put me in a mental hospital for being myself for once, then they can. Fuck Facebook, Fuck Myspace, Fuck all that shit other than this site. Social Networking sites are pure trouble to me now. Sorry for my mini rant.

nolonger

Yea...most social sites are pretty shit. You'll only meet annoying fuck heads there, lol. I actually have a Facebooke account...but I haven't been on it since I made it. I don't really have any friends in real life, so I don't have any on facebook. How fucked up and backwards is that? To have friends on the net, you've gotta have friends in real life? THE IRONY! LOL

I feel out of place on most sites because I don't have very good social skills. I kinda want to talk to people but I can't. The only way I could explain it is being paralyzed but wanting to walk. I just can't.

I hate it how people say "you should get a FB account". Why? What on earth is the fucking point? If you really want to talk to someone, add them on MSN or some shit. I'm just not the kind of person to take photos all the time and put them on the fucking internet for people to comment on. Last time I was in a picture would have been...for my school ID cards? That was on february I think. Usually the only time I get my photo taken, and thats because I actually have to.

SF is like THE ONLY site that's good. How weird's that...a suicide forum..good...meh.

Anyways lol, social sites: usually bad.

MistyMaisy

I really understand what you mean, Mira. I have everyone I know irl on FB and I can't hardly post anything. D: That's why I come on here and stuff. XD Well, mostly the reason. o:

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
ONe site in particular has hurt me inside more i have learned now not to post anything just to go there to help when your words your feelings are attacked when you finally get courage to let go then you find out you where not really accepted there just a joke a person to ridicule that hurts. Sf here i feel safe i really do thanks for this site and all of you take care

KittyGirl

puu- I've always hated 'social networking' sites.
Want nothing to do with them.

Nothing has really 'ruined' me online though.
If I start to not like it, I'll go away and no one will even remember that I existed.

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer πŸ¦‹
SF Supporter
The thing i hate most about social netwroking sites is how
fake it can be. you see people with over 300 friends. cmon now.
theres no way you can be close to all those people.
and I hate how anyone and everyone adds you just because..
facebook people do this too though. i have a facebook .
but i have 7 friends. 2 of them im considering deleting because
i havent talked to them in 4 years. and they dont even send
a message saying hey..or something. they just click the add button.
why did they add me? for numbers?

Last edited by a moderator:

PiecesMended

A forum I used to belong to. I won't mention the name but they were all arseholes, especially when I left and didn't word my goodbye how they liked it. :grr:

Illusion

Yea...most social sites are pretty shit. You'll only meet annoying fuck heads there, lol. I actually have a Facebooke account...but I haven't been on it since I made it. I don't really have any friends in real life, so I don't have any on facebook. How fucked up and backwards is that? To have friends on the net, you've gotta have friends in real life? THE IRONY! LOL

I feel out of place on most sites because I don't have very good social skills. I kinda want to talk to people but I can't. The only way I could explain it is being paralyzed but wanting to walk. I just can't.

I hate it how people say "you should get a FB account". Why? What on earth is the fucking point? If you really want to talk to someone, add them on MSN or some shit. I'm just not the kind of person to take photos all the time and put them on the fucking internet for people to comment on. Last time I was in a picture would have been...for my school ID cards? That was on february I think. Usually the only time I get my photo taken, and thats because I actually have to.

SF is like THE ONLY site that's good. How weird's that...a suicide forum..good...meh.

Anyways lol, social sites: usually bad.
Same here. Heck, I just use Anime or something as my profile picture like I'm doing now. I don't like taking pictures of myself and I don't like people looking at pictures of me. I'll have some up, but not many. I agree that this site is the only good site. Ugh, the rest of my family are facebook and myspace junkies and always try to get me to continue the hype so that they can control me and humiliate me.

MistyMaisy said:
I really understand what you mean, Mira. I have everyone I know irl on FB and I can't hardly post anything. D: That's why I come on here and stuff. XD Well, mostly the reason. o:
I was starting to do that on my old facebook account I deleted last night. I was like "okay, maybe everything will be fine". But nope. My cousin ended up bitching at me making me feel bad for an hour or so humiliating me. She was saying I was being a disrespectful brat for wishing my mom had her own cellphone. REALLY NOW WTF? Yeah, the world revolves around my mother and the baby is what she was basically saying to me. I'm just a bag of trash in the corner in everyones eyes. Seriously though, I'm not gonna have any family members on my new facebook at all. I hate most of them and they hate most of me, so why the fuck do they add me? Especially my mom's friends. I'm like "I don't care about your friends mom..". Ugh.

foreverforgotten said:
The thing i hate most about social netwroking sites is how
fake it can be. you see people with over 300 friends. cmon now.
theres no way you can be close to all those people.
and I hate how anyone and everyone adds you just because..
facebook people do this too though. i have a facebook .
but i have 7 friends. 2 of them im considering deleting because
i havent talked to them in 4 years. and they dont even send
a message saying hey..or something. they just click the add button.
why did they add me? for numbers?
IKR. I never understood that. I'm like "how can people have so many friends and be close to them?". I would never like to have that many friends on a site.. I only want people I'm close to on sites. I don't want a bunch of random ass annoying people I hardly know or talk to. People use to always add me and never talk to me. I started removing them thinking they would message if they cared. Guess what, they didn't message or anything. Guess they didn't care XD

wastedmylife

youtube, the day I ended my life, I spent about 5 hours looking for a video, if I had only found that video <mod edit tdm -- inappropriate> I would not be here

Last edited by a moderator:

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Not really, but there have been trolls and mean people on quite a few sites I was on. Luckily that doesn't really happen here.

Growing Pains

I wouldn't say it "ruined me". But I suppose it may have done more damage than I'll ever admit. *shrug*

But on a Role-Play forum I used to be on, there was this group of people that I RP'd with. For the longest, all was cool. But I guess me being kind of... non-confrontational, they decided to take advantage of that to make the plots go how they wanted them to go. Naturally, I wasn't happy. But I kept quiet about it. After a while, they progressed from just annoying god-moders to cyber bullies. :| At this point, I started growing sick of them. So, when they pulled a fast one on another person on the forum behind her back, I told her to IM me and that I'd explain everything. From that point on, I started saying no when I didn't want to do a plot. I guess they didn't like that much. I've always been withdrawn, and therefore didn't talk to many people on that forum. My mistake, I guess. They did talk to the staff there - whereas I'd always been too afraid to even add them to YIM or anything. So, they changed chats around, manipulated conversations, and made me look like the bad one. I admit, I had gotten into arguments with them in the end - but it takes two to tango. The staff there banned me without ever even confronting me to ask for my side of the story. Just an all out ban. Few months later, they pulled the same exact thing on an admin and were caught in the act. Then, they were banned and I was invited back. Haha. I admit, I went back. But it didn't last long. In fact, I'm actually kind of... I don't know, pleased, that the site pretty much died after the bans. Apparently, it had slowly began to die after I was kicked. And then after they were and I was allowed back. Which led to them having to explain their mistake. Which didn't look good on them. So, I guess, in many ways, karma came around to them. Still did effect me in a few ways, though.

... darn internet

As far as social network sites go, I never saw the point in them. I have a Facebook, but only for family and my very few close friends. I don't bother with it outside of that. I don't bother with chat sites much any more, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00