Has Anybody Been Left Alone in Shrinks/Counsellors Office? Did you snoop?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by downunder, Oct 23, 2008.

1. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone has ever been left alone in the shrinks/counsellors/social workers office, did you go looking around?

I was left recently and was looking around did not move out of seat though. Saw she had a "drug book" was thinking wouldn't mind a copy of that. Also looked at notepad where she had been doing notes on me. Had only my name on it spealt wrong. Let her know if had been spealt wrong.

Another time just looked at books in bookcase. Once interviewed at work they went out the office and read all the notes about me.

Anybody else, anyone read anything interesting.

I told the shrink she spealt my name wrong too.

2. Chernarus

Chernarus Well-Known Member

i know i would id like to know what that panzy SOB is writing about me

3. Aissela

Aissela Well-Known Member

I demand to see the notes at the end of every session, though I'm not allowed to see the big folder. She knows better than to leave me alone in the room because the last time I did six years ago I (purposely) broke her desk lamp. :tongue:

4. downunder

My other counsellor would type notes up about me later. When I saw another counsellor from that office, she said she wouldn't hesitate to dob me into the CAT as I have made 2 previous attempts, I don't know which two they are talking about though. :)

Once I drank the water out of this cup and the shrink offered to go and get me some more, I should have said, yes so I could do some more snooping. :))

The shrink says I am not biologically depressed. So I am not on any medication. So there you go, you can make attempts and not be depressed.

5. Phoenix1985

Phoenix1985 Well-Known Member

I've only seen my psychologist three times - two of the times where actual appointments and I was left alone for a few minutes each time, I just looked around the room but didn't get up out of the seat for a closer look at anything. The third time I was only there to pick up a letter to give to my GP. Whether or not I'd have a good ol' snoop would depend on how I'm feeling - probably would if I was feeling paranoid....

6. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

I've never been left alone in my counsellors room, but even if i were there's nothing in there for me to snoop in.. just a sofa, her chair, another chair, a table with a lamp and a mirror.. boring! lol

7. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I've been to two therapists and ran away after readin what was said in my file. This last one i am seeing leaves me lenght of time alone in his office and he doesn seem to mind a i was caught reading :) I also read backward so whateve he writes i can read it. All there is is my progress or its opposite and the mix of meds he puts me on and changes in meds-dosage. He knows from the start to keep at minimum what he writes as iam paranoid and dont want else to put their nose in my file and he accepted. I'm hard to be forgotten by him as we speek weekly on the pone and see each other for almost two hours each month or so. I have found the right person to help me and is very conscious about his job. I have to ad this comment. I have been shopping for years to find a psi and after 10 years finally got what i was looking for. When the shoes fit, keep them. They are there to help but not all personalities or caracters get along so keep on shopping till you find the right one. You cn tell at the first or second visit so dont waste your time and money to go nowhere with the psi or therapist. Only thing i dislike in his office are the chair on which i slide and often have to move ot id end up on the flloor lol nothing is perfect but the psi? nothing wrong whis method of treating me so far.

good luck all

8. music_junkie

music_junkie Well-Known Member

I've certainly peeked at my charts a couple of times.:laugh:

9. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i tend to "look" how you did when i'm in there anyway. i very rarely keep eye countact with the person.

but if i were left alone, i would snoop (as per my irrational thought of them having cameras recording me)

10. shades

shades Staff Alumni

This is a great thread. They want your soul, your very essence, but if they catch you peakin at something of theirs, they freak! After mine had to take an "important" call i got bored after 15 minutes and started to poke around, not looking for anything in particular.

I came accross a coloring book and crayons, the giant set. I was like a kid in a candy shop and dumped those crayons all over and started coloring away as I was always quite good at it.

Well, when she came back in I thought she was going to faint. She told me to never snoop again and so I asked nicely if I could play with her crayons and she said "NO, GET YOUR OWN". I argued about it with her, since she was taking up my time and after watching her pitifully defend herself, I quit right on the spot leaving her stupefied. I think she thought it was because she wouldn't let me color.lol

11. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I noticed that my doc had a Fontex-clock on the wall (hehe.. Fontex is the European brand name for Prozac I think)

12. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

no we call in prozac too

13. downunder

Shades that is so funny. How old are you? The older the more funnier the story.

I asked the shrink to see a letter she received about me from my doctor and she said no. Then later she asked if there was anything she could do to help me for my upcoming visit to workplace doctor. I said can you ring her and ask her the questions she is going to ask me, she no. Then I said, can you walk out of the room and leave my file open, she said no. Then I told her that she wasn't much help. If on the way in you can see some of their writing on your file, mention it to them such as your spealt my name wrong etc, it freaks them out. Also if they are pushing drugs on you and then you say no, then suddenly one day ask what type they are considering, this gets them really excited, and they think you are seriously considering it, they get so upset and frustrated.

14. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Downunder: I was about 40 when that happened about 10 years ago. Also, I think I saw yours in another thread, also very funny. I actually have a pretty good therapist now, but most of the 20 or so I've seen were so pathetic, I should have deliberately screwed around with them more.

15. downunder

Shades that is hilarious, I like your picture as well. A 40 year old doing colourings in a colouring book.

16. Maylin

Maylin Well-Known Member

Haha, this thread is gold, made my day!

Little_me: Yes, the scandinavian name is Fontex.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2009
  17. Asajj

Asajj Active Member

My CPN leaves me alone at the end to go get my mum, but I can't read her handwritting at all! While I was in hospital, I managed to sneakily get my hands on my main file but all I managed to read was that I'm not psychotic before I got busted. If I get a chance again I'll definitely snoop!

18. KJAB

KJAB Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

agree, this is a fab thread. Last time at my PD, she was so anxious to get me outta there (I"M NOT paranoid) she only scribbled one word. I spoke to her for all the time I was in there with my head in my hands trying to read what she wrote. She left the room before me and as I gathered my coat etc, I saw the word.... "Black". How god damn uninteresting is that!!
    I'm gonna bring my own colouring book next time...

19. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I didn't but I wish I had!

My counsellor was refered by my Doctor, so she would write notes about me. I ALWAYS wondered what she would write. I used to think it'd be like "crazy bitch. Psycho heffer" and stuff like that (although I knew it probably wasn't) but my head was telling me one thing, sense was telling me something else. lol

20. downunder

Actually as I was finishing last session with her tried to quickly read her notes as she was turning to leave I saw a few arrows, I think she was doodling, had written about 4 lines.. The last time she went over a page. Her writing is not easy to understand either. I once asked her if I could read the letter from the doctor and she said no. (game on).