Has anybody ever told anyone?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Alone, Sep 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alone

Alone Member

Hi everyone.

Have any of you ever told your loved ones how you are truly feel deep down? Or what you are going through? I feel far too guilty to say anything. I don't want to be the person responsible for making them feel unhappy or scared, even for a second.

I can go weeks at a time feeling okay, like things aren't so bad. I can be fine one minute, but then the next all of my bad feelings and thoughts come flooding back to me and take me over again for weeks. I get paranoid and frightened. Does anybody else feel like it can be a rollercoaster sometimes?

I think telling them would make it worse sometimes. It would take away my ability to just be me - if I told them I'd be somebody else now in their eyes.....I'd be the one they have to worry about, it would come with a million questions that I can't handle. I just can't do it, it would be selfish to say the least.

I feel happy sometimes, so I live in those moments and battle through the bad times. Can anyone else understand this?

2. Husky

Husky Well-Known Member

Hi Rachel, Yes, I understand where you're coming from. There's a genuine stigma attached with confessing melancholic feelings to a loved one particularly when they can form falsified perceptions of you.

However, it is much better to tell them if possible. The rollercoaster will be down for a while. There will be questions which sometimes have very complex answers. There will be a mix of emotions and everybody will be similarly overwhelmed. Yet, the rollercoaster will go up again.

Telling them brings things out in the open and they would be grateful for it. They will be sympathetic and understanding in time. Also, if you've been feeling down, it's sometimes hard to conceal body language and they might have been worried about you for a long time. Only more worried because they don't know exactly what they're worrying about.

Not telling them can cause problems. You need to tell someone if possible because it avoids implosion within yourself. Feelings of frustration and anger will simmer but can reach boiling point. They'll be more concerned at this point. Also, they're your loved ones. It's their job to worry and care for you as it is for any loved one in my opinion. I'm sure they want to help you more than anything.

I can understand how you feel and you're thinking very unselfishly which is admirable. Don't feel guilty or ashamed though because everything will probably come out at some point and it's best to get it out when you can. Husky.
  3. Husky

Husky Well-Known Member

Hi Rachel, I hope you were able to work out a resolution to the dilemma which you described. It's not an easy thing to do either way and you could look at it like there is no wrong answer. I just hope that you've had a chance to reflect on what the right decision is for you. Take care. Husky.
  4. Husky

Husky Well-Known Member

Hi Rachel, I hope that you're well. If you ever feel alone, there's some great company here. Take care of yourself. Husky.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.