has anybody ever walked out in the middle of an appointment?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by downunder, Jul 3, 2009.

1. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

has anybody ever walked out in the middle of an appointment?

have you come across a real stupid psych and just walked out?
  2. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

No, but my therapist once ended my session a bit early cause I wasn't really talking that much.
  3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I never walked out but one therapist stopped a session about half way through because she could tell I was high on something! She was right, I was on about 4 vicodin and though I understood everything and was speaking clerly, she was very strict and had warned me never to come in under the influence of any drug. A few times I got by when I took a prescribed dose of 1.
  4. GeekGurl

GeekGurl Well-Known Member

Yes a couple of times, I get angry and frustrated, or upset, and rather than throw a fit or start crying I just walk out. I walked out at the end of my last appointment with my psych, without making another. I don't intend to ever see her again.
  5. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

I have. I don't put up with stupidity, or patronizing behaviours, even if someone paid a fortune for 8-12 years of school and a piece of paper.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Nope..not with my counsellor,I love her,she's awesome.

Psychiatrist,ugh I wanted to walk out so badly :laugh: I just left and didn't make another appt.
  7. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

One time my psychologist asked me to sit in the waiting room so she could call my GP as I was suicidal.

I sat for 5 minutes then left. It was awful, my GP & CPN were calling constantly. It was only when the GP called my Mum that I actually called him back.

I learned my lesson after that.
  8. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

I walked out after telling them I was suicidal and refused to go into the hospital. I was shortly getting calls from the hospital, parents, and cops trying to get me to go in.
  9. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

Same here daisy, I absolutely hated taking medications, or at least the one I was on, and to top it all off my psychiatrist didn't listen to me.

Did you find a new psychiatrist?
  10. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

no, but i do wish i had done so. A TOTAL waste of time & government $.
  11. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

I could hardly stay in the room with my first therapist (apparently... I don't actually remember being that bad). Used to quite often walk out of sessions with psychologist but I'm better now and try to stay. Walked out of cpn meetings quite often but don't think did with psychiatrist (perhaps because I felt more intimidated?). So the short answer is yes lol :rolleyes:
  12. plates

plates Well-Known Member

i was threatened with a section for walking out of a crisis team member's appt. he's never gonna answer my questions and i'm taking action that is going to be useless anyway, but at least, attention will be bought to him.
  13. SplinterStar

SplinterStar Active Member

I've only ever went to one full appointment. the head shrinker is asking so many question that arent important that I havent gone at all in months. They 'threatened' me with some useless action of sorts to go back but they eventually gave up and now the only person bugging me is that devil on my shoulder.
  14. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

i don't walk out because i only get 20 visits a year and it would waste half a visit.
    i have stopped talking though for a good 10 minutes.
  15. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I'm not so rude as to just walk out, but I have terminated a session early before.
  16. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

No,although I should have done. She was soooo bitchy and I was in shock that she was shouting at me and being abusive so.....I just sat there for the whole session and didn't speak once! :unsure:
  17. killtomorrow

killtomorrow Well-Known Member

My last counseling session, that fuck head just sat there staring at me for a half an hour without saying anything.
    what a waste of $20
  18. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I have. but that was years ago. the doctor i was seeing was horrible and kept giving me meds that were only making me worse. and she refused to actually listen to me. so one day I just got up and left.
  19. TerrapinStation

TerrapinStation Well-Known Member

I walked out early on every session I had with the self righteous, condescending social worker at my most recent detox. My "assigned staff member" would tell me "you should stay for the whole thing, you'll get out of here quicker". Jackass, it's not about getting out fast, its about getting out well and sober. As it is I got out when I was detoxed physically but far from well, and went right back to the needle at the earliest opportunity.
    By constrast, I had one therapist that I loved to go to, I hated the fact insurance only allowed me 10 visits. Well, sometime between visit 5-6, he committed, himself. Where does one go for help when apparantly the helpers are all more fucked than I am?
  20. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

Yeah, I had an idiot once that had me so upset and in tears - I walked out....

Didn't matter - I was stuck with her for awhile, til I could "act" the part and get out from under scrutiny...

Finally got someone with brains and a heart...good combo for a therapist.