Has anyone else been N.E.E.T. for over 6 years?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Lastnight, Apr 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lastnight

Lastnight Active Member

If so, I beseech you: please talk to me.
    I've lost all motivation for everything
    And my self-esteem is at all time low.

After carrying out a unhealthy, reclusive life for years with constant thoughts of suicide, I finally started receiving professional help.
    I still can't stop thinking about death.
    I want to talk to somebody who isn't completely repulsed by me.
    Please help.

2. exkend

exkend Well-Known Member

Sounds like your making positive steps forward. What kind of pro are you seeing? What put you in this state to begin with? Thinking about death as an answer is completely understandable and predictable giving your years of suffering, you simply want the pain to stop. Talk bro.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hope you continue to talk to us here no judgement here ok just care.

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

What is NEET

5. Lastnight

Lastnight Active Member

I admitted myself to a mental health facility due to constant suicidal feelings.
    I am not to receive any additional psychiatric help or therapy until the 30th of April,
    although I am currently on a prescription of Citolopram.

The aforementioned is the first medical service of any kind I have received in years, the last time I went to a doctor was well over two years ago for constipation.
    I haven't visited a dentist and eye doctor in even longer, regardless of having 12+ cavities, gingivitis; and eyeglass prescription 6+ years out of dat(Same frames too).

I entered this lifestyle after dropping out of middle-school seven years ago, and never seeking any sort of education or training after that.

Not in Education, Employment, or Training.

6. Lastnight

Lastnight Active Member

Bump

Please just talk to me - I'm lonely...

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I will talk to you if you want. What's up? x

8. Lastnight

Lastnight Active Member

I've been losing myself more and more every day.

I haven't been managing my hygiene at all, I've been overeating all the time, and I've been avoiding to look at myself like the plague

I don't feel comfortable anywhere except my bedroom, and certain public environments are terrifying to me

I've become addicted to instant gratification, as the only things I can regularly commit myself to do are browse the internet and eat

My life has no value to me and I've been occasionally imagining myself dying in gruesome ways

I've become so despicable and I can't stand it
    :Cry:

9. Petal

wow I could have wrote that, literally. I think internet addiction is way underestimated and most of us probably are addicted. Try and find some value in your life by volunteering or helping others, helping others might help you, even just listen. Sorry you're having suicidal thoughts, how is the professional help going for you?

10. Doingthesteps

Doingthesteps Member

I have been N.e.e.t for 13 years now. I did work odd jobs in there but for the most part I fit the bill. I also am constantly plauged by thoughts of suicide. I have what i thought was extensive medical history, but when i looked at it over the 13 years I've had to seek help it doesnt seem that much. At 16 diagnosed with depression, since then 6-7 anti-depressants 3 in-patient programs at hospitals in my city, 3 week long stays in the mental ward (Coming back home is the worst) and a diagnosis of schizophrenia (which actually turned out to be a good thing, it was very spiritual experience, and opened the door for disability, and only lasted a year). <mod edit - guidelines>

Friends?

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
  11. Lastnight

Lastnight Active Member

Petal, thank you so much for reaching out to help me twice.
    I humbly apologize for taking so very long to reply - I have had serious issues with myself lately.

Despite that, I have taken steps towards improvement, and I do wish to help others as you suggest.
    If you wouldn't mind having me around, I'd love to communicate with you soon - tomorrow perhaps?
    Doing the steps, thank you for respnding to my thread.
    I am sorry to hear about what you have gone through, it seems that we relate quite a bit.
    I am going to sleep now, but I would like to speak with you further soon.

12. Hopelss

Hopelss Member

I suppose I come close to fitting the bill though I am in schooling its an online schooling which is the only way i would do it because I do not have to go out of the house. I worked for many years and led a somewhat normal (on the outside) life but always felt uncomfortable and self conscious when in public. I eventually started working as a truck driver allowing me to be alone with myself for large parts of my days, this worked for a while but like you I also took to over eating (I was always larger than most for most of my life anyway) and neglecting taking care of myself. I soon found myself over 450 pounds and with back problems that would not allow me to continue working.

That is when it started getting bad, I locked myself away in my home and neglected all relationships including family and friends. I refused to leave the house, always coming up with excuses of why I couldnt go to things, even my own doctors visits because I did not want to be in public. I started thinking about death, and have fantasies of my own death, I felt that i was of no worth and useless. I have made a few attempts to get help, even saw a pro for a while but never bought into what she was telling me, so i ended up stopping. Now I find myself without friends or family to help and on the verge of being overwhelmed by the stress of an upcoming disability hearing where they will decide if i receive disability or not. This is a huge stress for me because it requires me to leave the house and be seen in public and also because if they decide against me I will become homeless. So yea that stress doesnt ramp up the thoughts of suicide or anything *sarcasm*

13. GreySilence

GreySilence Well-Known Member

I was only a NEET for 2 years, so I probably can't help much. I hope you can find a way to integrate yourself back into the flow of things! I'm currently struggling trying to get myself through a school course, my antisocial behavior is making it pretty tough Dx

14. Petal

Sure you can, feel free to PM me anytime. And no need to apologise at all :hugs: keep well fellow sufferer.

15. Big M

Big M Well-Known Member

I've been lucky during my breakdowns and suicide attempt my job has been gracious with taking leaves of absence. When I get bad which I fear I am sliding back into it wouldn't take much at all for me to become N.E.E.T. In fact I live in constant fear of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.