Has anyone else ever felt suicidal over bad hair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooShyToScream

I don't know what initially happened to it...too many hair products, dyes, maybe the fact that I pulled a chunk of it out when I was angry once, but I had some broken hair strands that were the perfect length to just stick up when I put my hair in a pony tail and they were annoying me...I stupidly took a pair of scissors to my locks, thinking that by cutting them, they'd just disappear within the longer strands and stop sticking up. I didn't think it was that many to be noticable. I was very wrong...ever since I cut it, I've been wanting to die like never before. Mostly because I know it'll be forever until it grows back and looks okay again. In the mean time, I have to brush it back to hide the damage I've done. I can't put it up, can't part it, etc. I've always hated how I looked. My hair was all I really had. Now I don't have that anymore either. Fiance says he doesn't even notice anything but that's because I've been hiding it by styling my hair certain ways. I'm seriously considering overdosing over this. I don't think I can take it. It's not something I can get used to. Not for a long time until it looks better anyway.

oval

i actually did feel suicidal over having short hair. i feel silly for it but i would still feel the same way if my hair was short again. i need my hair.
i was once annoyed with hair always falling in my face so i impulsively cut it off. i regretted it horribly and it looked retarded. i hated life and myself

also a friend of mine once cut my hair....bad mistake. the damage was beyond repair

solutions

When I was 13 years old, I had a 12-year-old female friend, clinically depressed since she was 8, who compulsively cut her own hair in random motions. She of course felt worse after she had calmed down.

But as for me, I was upset when I realized my hair line was receding when I was around 18. I...really like playing with my hair, it's a sort of short, messy, spiky kind of thing. But I definitely notice the hairline, no matter what I do with it.

My genes are working hard to follow my family's line of hair loss, and I know I would look absolutely awful bald. I'm just not tall enough to pull off the look, I'm only 5'6".

My condolences to you, Tanya. It's not fair that you have to suffer with something like that.

<edited total eclipse inappropriate > at least your hair WILL GROW! How'd you feel if it wouldn't grow back like it is with me and other really balding ppl?

Last edited by a moderator:

am I alive

i did feel sad over having to cut off my long hair (I am male) in order to find a job, after i graduated at college...almost 3 years after i still didn't find any job and have zero experience...but hey, I am growing my hair again, since I don't care anymore, I know I am dying soon...

Last edited by a moderator:

am I alive

Lol, at least your hair WILL GROW! How'd you feel if it wouldn't grow back like it is with me and other really balding ppl?
Whats that bad with being bald!? I don't really get it, well, ok its better to have your hair but nowdays I am seeing many young ppl cutting their hair off 'till the skin or shaving it with purpose, and it doesn't look that bad, well depends on person tho. So if you do the same no one will now if you are really bald or not:), even if they do know, who cares, its your head...

Whats that bad with being bald!? I don't really get it, well, ok its better to have your hair but nowdays I am seeing many young ppl cutting their hair off 'till the skin or shaving it with purpose, and it doesn't look that bad, well depends on person tho. So if you do the same no one will now if you are really bald or not:), even if they do know, who cares, its your head...
It's humiliating! I see people that are fucking 50 or 60 yrs old and have way better hair than me, and they're twice my age. It's a genetic flaw, embarrassment, totally inexplainable useless genetic trait. I just can't see its function other than making the sufferer look like an idiot.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
sometimes it only takes something small to push someone into feeling suicidal Low self esteem then something like this happens yes i have had days where i feel like hell over yes a hair cut or hair color that just pushes me over edge Like someone said underlying issues at play but it can be the straw that breaks the camels back so to speak

Sure, any minor unpleasantness strikes me as sufficient reason to check out. Today I've got chapped lipped and they aren't going away no matter what products I apply. Just one example. When there's nothing positive in your life, it doesn't take much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00