Has anyone else let someone/something change who you are?

Have you ever changed yourself because of how you think people view you?

• Yes

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Only a little

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ExtraSoap

My sig puts my instance rather well, with very little embellishment. Vote and post your instance (if you like) here

|
|
|
V

Last edited by a moderator:

Illusion

Awwwww.... I read your siggie. Sorry she changed you like that. :|

Yeah I've let certain events & people change me before. You can pretty much blame bullying, pressure & family crisis for that. I use to be so sweet, loving & full of life. I'd try to ignore those that made fun of me but with every insult & every physical act made.. I felt myself changing more & more into a bitter suicidal mess.

ExtraSoap

I know the feeling. I used to be the same way. Now I dont even care if i live or die anymore. The only real feeling i get is excitement from adrenaline rushes or fake feelings from marijuana or alcohol :/

I'm a country girl, through and through. Tank tops, blue jeans, no make up and I don't fix my hair, I either brush it or put it in a ponytail.
I dated a guy once that made me dress up, put on make up and spend hours curling my hair everyday, even just to go to walmart lol. I felt so foolish. My face broke out from the make up and my hair took months to recover for the heat and hairspray.
When I broke up with him I came to his house to get my stuff in my old tank and jeans, my hair was in pigtails and I wasn't wearing make up and I pulled up on a motorcycle with a big sexy redneck boy and walked right in in my boots, grabbed my stuff and told him to kiss my country ass. Never felt more like me than I did at that moment!

Illusion

I know the feeling. I used to be the same way. Now I dont even care if i live or die anymore. The only real feeling i get is excitement from adrenaline rushes or fake feelings from marijuana or alcohol :/
Same, except I don't do marijuana or drink alcohol. I wanna try something though... e__e

nolonger

The only real feeling i get is excitement from adrenaline rushes or fake feelings from marijuana or alcohol
i can relate ExtraSoap. I don't use marijuana as i have an addictive personality and the last thing i need to do is get hooked on perscription/illicit drugs. I have a drink every now and then if we have them around. But my parents dont know(i'll probly be the worst drunk when im 18 XD). im partially addicted to smoking, and have been on caffeine for about 6 years or so.

i guess i have left some events change me. but it also helped me find things out about myself. it's easiest to simply say im not like others.

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
I suppose all of us try to change to suit the other person.
I've worn things I didnt like and stuff like that, happily I can never keep it up and bounce back to my normal self.

To qoute Oliver Cromwell "paint me warts and all" :laugh:

Growing Pains

Unintentionally, yeah. Honestly, I think we're all a bit guilty of unintentionally changing ourselves to appease others. It's human nature.

ETA: Though, I'm still surprised that no one's voted no yet. I expected at least like one vote for no. o.o

Avarice

I do it all the time, sometimes without realising. Sometimes it backfires because I find out that the person actually does have a lot in common with me but I was too busy trying to turn myself into someone I thought they'd like that the real me doesn't get a chance to show itself.

ExtraSoap

I do it all the time, sometimes without realising. Sometimes it backfires because I find out that the person actually does have a lot in common with me but I was too busy trying to turn myself into someone I thought they'd like that the real me doesn't get a chance to show itself.
Yeah, that's happened to me a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00