Has anyone ever made life unbearable

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Lonely101, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonely101

Lonely101 Well-Known Member

for you? like my mom does

that you feel like just <Mod Edit:Shades-methods>cos you cant seem to ever get out of the situation....

like if i can get thru this week things might be better, and i can be independent

feel really sick, got diarhea all the time and its not nerves, feel really weak -- really bad pain in my belly...

but i am strong now but if i can get thru this week im nearly there to be able to look after myself now

and esp. this week, she cant hold back with the insults, and it just sounds pathetic at this stage, childish, cos she knows im not bothered anymore...well i am but, im hopeful now im nearly there in finishing my degree and getting a job, and not letting her force her depression on me....because im not depressed, she is forceful when im happy....she acts forceful until she brings me into her area of depression

im much happier, and stronger, I wanna be independent and not let her control me in every way --- but in order to do that i gotta complete this degree well

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2009
  2. nok1888

nok1888 Well-Known Member

me!!!

3. nok1888

btw "feel really sick, got diarhea all the time and its not nerves, feel really weak -- really bad pain in my belly..."

if this happens often it could be IBS irritable bowel syndrome you should see doctor you'll get anti spasmodic's they help

4. Lonely101

she's just after ripping my note on my door into pieces...and banging my bedroom door agressively. agressive cleaning ... calling me names..

im guessing now, maybe its craving attention

5. nok1888

it could be because your ready to look after yourself, new job new life and maybe new house/appartment for yourself, she's maybe seeing this as her role as a mum finished and it could be upseting her to the point of going on the defensive. Of course i dont know if shes always been like this or it started when your life started to change

6. Lonely101

yes could be... cos now this week ive acted like im not upset or bothered /// or that im not being brought down in mood by her ... im being consistently content .... tho ive alot of pressure and stress which scares me and im gutted about .... but she was kinda s******ing when it was angering me ... and now that im disconnected and not influenced, or that she's not bringing me down to her level of depression anymore ... its upsetting her

7. nok1888

That was probably her point, to get you as upset as she is and to see you as being ok maybe re-affirms to her that she might not be needed for much longer, as a mum I mean. I know my girlfriend is dreading the day her 16 year old daughter will move out and she'll be gutted not being needed in the same way as before, but all they need to realise is they will still be needed, just in a different way thats all

8. Lonely101

she's not just like this now...she's like this for years...

9. Lonely101

she's not just like this now...she's like this for years...everything was 'fine' according to her until i stopped tolerating it

10. nok1888

My ex girlfriend is like that, treats people like shit and thinks everyone should let her away with it and they should be as miserable as she is and the minute you stopped reacting to it it just made her worse, you just cant win.

Have you ever asked why shes like that towards you?

11. Lonely101

yea, she explodes when i ask her ... then after the anger...she says im not talking about this anymore, walks out snotty, out of the room or right out the front door and doesnt come back for hours (stormy)...leaving me unresolved, waiting and trying to correct her understanding for her in my head...

12. Lonely101

i cant have any form of conversation with her ... everything is turned into "youre challenging me" "youre arguing"

when im just trying to come to an understanding...in a quiet manner, logical manner

13. nok1888

Is she like this with other people or just you?

I think with this situation, your better doing what your doing now. Keep ignoring the attitude problem then it should either fizzle its self out or it'll force her into coming out with it all once and for all and end up telling you whats up. I know just putting up with it is hard and depressing at times but it could pay off. Just be nice and dont take the bait when she tries to wind you up

14. Lonely101

true i know youre right ; can be hard but trying to perservere

15. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

My grandparents are like this.

I have to live within unacceptably close quarters with them as of now so there's not even a place I can get away.

16. nok1888

I hope one way or another it comes to a close for you soon

17. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

Living with someone is always a compromise, especially if that someone is a parent.

Most people I know went out of their way not to stay home when they went to college. I know my brother always got depressed when he came home during summer. Living with your parents is a very suffocating environment.

Try not to get too personal. Most of the time people say things because they're frustrated about something (anything really), and if you just can restrain yourself from exploding at them, then in a bit they'll calm down and it'll be like it never happened. Not everything is a personal attack even though it looks like it (even if it's directly an attack on you, that doesn't mean it's meant for you). Little things go a long ways. Let them know you love them.

I wish and hope you get out and can live freely. Independence is the reward least talked about, but the most valuable. It's something that's hard to fully acknowledge until you have it, and easy to underestimate once you do.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2009
  18. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I'm the only one who made my own life unbearable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.