Has anyone ever really felt that this forum has helped them?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by helen345, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helen345

helen345 Member

Just edited this slightly because I didn't mean the title to sound accusing, as if this forum would never, ever help anyone. I just wanted to know if maybe any of the senior members or anyone else had started to feel better since using the forum, and had used it less accordingly, or maybe stayed on to help other feels better too.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2010
  2. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if it could be done. But it ain't the answer. You'll end up messing up that persons life because they'll probly be charged with assisted suicide or something. I think this site has helped me. When I first joined it was because I wanted some insight in to how others deal with their emotions and so on. I guess the good thing about the internet these days is that you can never always feel alone. People here let me know and make me feel that I'm not alone. I'm not some loser that should just fuck off. Because we're all in this together :)

I hope you get help soon, or if you go along with your plan - that someone else gets help for you :(

Edit: some of what I said may seem odd because your post was edited but anyways :tongue:
  3. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

At first it did, then it kinda went downhill.

I mainly stay on here now to help everyone else
  4. helen345

helen345 Member

Oh, I was really confused by the first part of your message, and then I realised that'd you'd read the first post before I'd edited it! It's probably good I did because I just found out about not sharing suicide methods here.
  5. TJ

TJ Staff Alumni

ive found that this site has helped me alot , i came here back in 2004 ( i know , a long time ago ) and since then ive had my ups and downs , but i genrally come on here now to help others .
  6. Marty482

Marty482 Well-Known Member

Its helped me on many ways. Helping and being helped. Thats the balence of life!!!!
  7. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

It has helped me from going over the edge a lot of times. I think it's down to having people to talk to that can relate and the fact that a lot of people here, even though they have their own problems, are willing to offer as much support as they can.
    There are good things in this world and this forum is one of the best.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2010
  8. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I think if you are willing to accept the help then it can, I admit sometimes myself I have not listened and rebelled almost in order to sabotage myself, but overall yes it can help a lot, and I am grateful that there is a place like this around.
  9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

It has saved my life three times.. I'm not one to start threads unless I am serious about going thru wih it..Thats when all my friends on here have rallied around me and helped me get thru it..So yes it helps..
  10. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I think that this forum is very helpful for people going through a crisis and suicidal.
  11. Mystic

Mystic Well-Known Member

I have to say despite the length of time I have been on here, I have only found one person who even talks to me and is even kind enough to help me.

It appears everyone else isn't interested. I just post stuff to myself for the hell of it.

12. Soul of a Dragon

Soul of a Dragon Well-Known Member

This forum has helped me and changed me, I will remember this place and people forever in my heart.
  13. Darkness1978

Darkness1978 Member

this forum had for sure helped me.... I find it helps me get my thoughts straight just by putting it out there.... And I've found almost everyone here very non-judgmental (there are always exceptions)..... And lastly even the days I'm to distraught to post, I find just the act of reading others posts helps me feel slightly less alone.... But it's pretty personal, what helps one person may not the next... But I believe here is worth the try....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.