has anyone ever used their depression to their advantage

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by lilella44, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilella44

lilella44 Well-Known Member

like, little things, that maybe get them out of something, or excuses or whatever?

2. unbearable

unbearable Well-Known Member

No cant say I have, if there's anything going on there's a massive chance I cant do it anyway due to the depression/social phobia so it wouldn't be an excuse, secondly I personally find most people are somewhat unsympathetic to mental health issues, especially depression so I don't think they would buy it anyway as a valid reason for not doing something.(just my experience no one elses of course;))

3. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

I've heard people have gotten off exams using that as an excuse.

4. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

I don't used it as an excuse as i know depression is not considered all that deliberating even to some professionals from my experience.

5. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Nah, never used it as an excuse, but I often get accused of doing that by my parents.

6. lavendR23

lavendR23 Active Member

ive gotten about 400 poems out of it. Im currently copyrighting them but when im ready i am going to publish and sell books of them in pdf format online.
    I'll let you know when i have things set up.

7. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

The author of 'prozac nation.'

8. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I got out of a university physics exam due to it... But frankly, I'd rather have -not- had the panic attack and written it instead. I had to get a proper medical form, and at the same time I went onto an antidepressant.

9. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say 'excuse'. I would say depression has been a legitimate reason for not doing certain things. I wouldn't say missing such things was to my advantage, but my ultimate disadvantage.

10. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I did once. I regret it every single day.

11. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

I'm too embarrassed to tell most people I suffer with depression, so no. The only person that knows I'm depressed is my mother.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.