has anyone ever

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by thedeafmusician, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

been approached by another self harmer about your own habits? and if so what'd you say to them/whatd they say to you? this goes to the opposite too -- ever plucked up the courage to go up to another self harmer and tell them that you cut/burn/whatever too?

i dunno, i'm just curious really. and i know of people who also harm themselves and well i feel kind of sorry for them because i KNOW that they're not as bad as me in that it's not as severe, yet, and they havent been doing it for as long -- yet. but yeah. but never told them otherwise.
  2. frager84

frager84 Well-Known Member

i was approached by another self harmer she helped alot

i say approach these people tell they what will happen if they continue
  3. Ezza121

Ezza121 Active Member

I actually feel really comforted when i'm talking to somone about my self harm when they have done it themselves. It's feels good to be able to talk about something like that and not be judged.
  4. Brandon

Brandon Well-Known Member

I have a friend who used to self harm, but i didn't know he self harmed until after i told him i did so. He's a great help and support about it all. Like ezza said, its nice to talk to someone about it and not be judged and actually be understood
  5. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

i have been in a very similar sitatution to this on more than one occasion :mellow:
  6. ballinluig

ballinluig Well-Known Member

My dear friend who has helped me since I was ill and took an OD listens to me when I need an ear to listen to me rant and rave. I went through a period of s/h as I couldnt 'get-out' my feelings and i told her what i did and why i did it, suppose to justify what i did, as it turned ou she s/h aswell.
    this upset me because I didnt know what to say to her, I still dont but she hasnt mentioned s/h her self for a while now.

I dont know how to handle this situation. I can cope with talking/listening to depressive folk and alcoholics but I get stuck on s/h. I know why they do it but i never know what to say.donnax:IrishDoll:
  7. thenegative1

thenegative1 Member

I have a friend who does or did and honestly we talked about how, with what, where on the body, technique, etc. It's always a very comfortable conversation but nothing ever really changes. We might take a break from the addiction for a moment but it seems to always come back for one reason or another.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.