Has anyone from here ever actually died?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Khloe, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khloe

Khloe Well-Known Member

sorry, mega random question.
    But i see alot of people posting about how they're going in a day, a month or whatever, but then people tend to always talk them out of it, which is great.

But has anyone ever actually gone through with it from here that you know of?
  2. XsweetpoetX

XsweetpoetX Well-Known Member

Yes,plenty of people. Also you should be a bit more careful with this question. You dont want to upset anyone on here. Alot of people here have lost people they were close to on here.
  3. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I know of two cases. Triggs and Vagrant. :sad:
  4. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

oh my. I wondered where vagrant went :(
  5. Khloe

Khloe Well-Known Member

No, not trying to upset anyone.
    I think, Ace, may of gone? he started a thread a few days back, and don't think anyones heard from him? so sad. :(
  6. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Vagrant catched the bus right on my birthday, which is very disturbing.
  7. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

:( thats so sad. I hope hes resting well.
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Yes..too many. :( But then again, 1 is too many. :(
    Very sad.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2010
  9. purpleAPY

purpleAPY Well-Known Member

i thought about this the first time i came on here and was reading some of the posts. just reading through threads from months ago made me wonder if they pulled through it or if theyre already gone... its a really sad and scary thought.
  10. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

it is all very very sad triggs god i can't believeit still sorry
  11. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Boo :hug:

a few have gone and it's always so sad to hear....

there are those who go off to do it though and change their mind but they don't come back to let us know they're ok....that hurts too..
  12. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I think that a lot of people who come here are at high risk, so it would not be surprising if some don't pull through.

At the same time, I think that the people who post about being suicidal are making the effort to overcome and to live. That I think is encouraging. So I think that a lot of people come here and are able to pull through with the help of others here.

I think it's better to think of how many people here survive because they come here! This site is something positive.

I like to imagine that everything in the universe will eventually work out some how. That's how I stay sane. If I can help, that's great and it will make things better, but that everything will work out no matter what.
  13. Keiran

Keiran Well-Known Member

Someone sent me a pm last week, his name was N0NickRick. We started chatting a bit and he told me that his method would not be an instant, but one that will work its way through for a few days. I was inactive for a few days, and I came back and replied to his most recent message, and it said he was unable to receive messages. Turns out, his account is closed, and his last activity was yesterday. He may not be gone yet, but he will be soon. I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet.
  14. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

oh..I didn't think they closed accounts here that fast..????
  15. unwinged

unwinged Well-Known Member

omg, he contacted me with the same name on another forum. he took an od i think, i've spent whole evening trying to make him stop hurting himself... he promised he won't take anything anymore, because i started crying...

small world...
  16. unwinged

unwinged Well-Known Member

i just contacted rick again, he says he is fine... he says he won't take anything anymore.. i'll be keeping in touch with him...
  17. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to, am I becoming to be the first...
  18. lozzie

lozzie Well-Known Member

:( suicide is serious.
  19. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

Yes, I know but i'm just honest
  20. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

I will never forget the night Shades and I tried to help Lost Child. She was very set on going through with it. I think she did eventually complete it. I was very upset for a long time afterwards. I learned from that experience how stressful trying to help a suicidal person could be. Yes people have killed themselves here. I suspect more than what we know about. Hopefully we can help people as much as we can with the resources we have.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.