has anyone had CBT ?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by foolnomore, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foolnomore

foolnomore Well-Known Member

At the moment i am having CBT and I am finding it tough. It has been suggested that i be kind to myself and take care of myself but I can't do it . I don't BELIEVE I deserve kindness so cannot be kind to myself. Has anyone had this problem and if so how did you overcome it.?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

do little things at first okay for you like having a tea or coffee out. Taking time out for a warm bath some quiet time for you just sitting with warm blanket and watch your favorite show ok little things hun they add up to big things in the end

3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I like CBT because it gives me the control about my life over time. I had to do it in very small steps. It sounds like one of the things to learn to do is to be kind to yourself. I don't think you have to deal with are you worth it. You may want to be kind to yourself for a reason that makes sense to you at this time. Maybe think of it as a job skill you want to develop and you're practicing on yourself. I had to do things like this before I could believe in my worth. I hope it works out for you.

4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm still working on CBT...it's helping
    .it takes lots of practice but eventually I'm told it becomes easy.
    I think it will be worth the effort in the end..
    don't be too hard on yourself and don't give up ok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.