Has anyone heard from Boo lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoaaxxsamm

I know it's been a long time, but this morning, I got junk mail from his email address.

That's a good sign, right?

Has anyone else heard from him?

hope he is ok!

if its a hotmail account - they deactivate if they aren't used - so yea it would be a sign that the email is being used if it were hotmail

WildCherry

Owner Emeritus
No, not in months.

Sometimes junk mail can be a sign of spyware or a virus on his computer, which would at least mean his computer and email addy are in use.

whoaaxxsamm

That's what matters.
There is a sign that he is at least okay and still around.

I thought it might give some SF'ers some relief.

Sapphire

Hotmail accounts are deleted after 90 days without a login of the user. So I guess he's still around.

Which makes me wonder why he doesn't put your mind at ease? Doesn't he realize that people here are worried?

Everybody here is extremely sensitive and Boo is immensely popular amongst many of you so whenever someone doesn't necessarily praise him all the time people get defensive. But I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just asking a serious question.

Why do you think he hasn't taken a few minutes to sign in and tell you how he's doing all these months?

justMe7

Hotmail accounts are deleted after 90 days without a login of the user. So I guess he's still around.

Which makes me wonder why he doesn't put your mind at ease? Doesn't he realize that people here are worried?

Everybody here is extremely sensitive and Boo is immensely popular amongst many of you so whenever someone doesn't necessarily praise him all the time people get defensive. But I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just asking a serious question.

Why do you think he hasn't taken a few minutes to sign in and tell you how he's doing all these months?
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/newsroom/msn/factsheet/hotmail.mspx
It's still an assumption though. For starters here it's 120 for windows live accounts, though they say 30 days for hotmail ones that's not right I think.

But let's assume his account is active. It could mean someone he knows is using it. Perhaps a family member or a friend. or idk, someone has his computer and it auto logs into msn, making his account active. Or his account is attached to something else.

In anycase, assuming he's around... Yeah it would be nice for him to tell you guys he's ok. But what if he's purposely staying away from SF because he's trying to get his life in order and can't handle it? Or what if he's going through a very difficult time and doesn't want to be near sf and the people he knows here. Don't take it personally, but if you, maybe try and be happy for him? If he's your friend and all, that's the end result people need from a place like this. Live in a bit of hope :smile: or dont... meh.

Phteven

that is a good question, so the only answer I have to that is he can't for one reason or another... or perhaps he doesn't want to contact anyone but I think he would have contacted someone by now one way or another, especially those that were closest to him, cause he was that kind of person he would have let at least one person know and tell them to tell other he is ok... either way I hope he is ok, but my gut says otherwise.

WildCherry

Owner Emeritus
I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just asking a serious question.

I have no idea, but I've wondered the same thing, probably a thousand times. Either he can't, or he's choosing not to. Neither of those options is very easy to accept.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I miss Boo terribly,I was the first to talk to him on here..I WISH HE'D COME BACK. :(

WildCherry

Owner Emeritus
Got 2 junk mail messages from his email addy today. I was kind of expecting that after Sam got some, but I opened the messages anyway (not the links inside obviously, just the email to see what it said).

Sapphire

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/newsroom/msn/factsheet/hotmail.mspx
It's still an assumption though. For starters here it's 120 for windows live accounts, though they say 30 days for hotmail ones that's not right I think.
Doesn't matter if it's 90 or 120; he's been away for much longer than that and his account is still able to be used for sending spam at this point in time so it is safe to say that it still exists and that it is used by him. If you ask me at least.

But let's assume his account is active. It could mean someone he knows is using it. Perhaps a family member or a friend. or idk, someone has his computer and it auto logs into msn, making his account active. Or his account is attached to something else.
That's all so very unlikely in my mind.

In anycase, assuming he's around... Yeah it would be nice for him to tell you guys he's ok. But what if he's purposely staying away from SF because he's trying to get his life in order and can't handle it? Or what if he's going through a very difficult time and doesn't want to be near sf and the people he knows here. Don't take it personally, but if you, maybe try and be happy for him? If he's your friend and all, that's the end result people need from a place like this. Live in a bit of hope :smile: or dont... meh.
that is a good question, so the only answer I have to that is he can't for one reason or another... or perhaps he doesn't want to contact anyone but I think he would have contacted someone by now one way or another, especially those that were closest to him, cause he was that kind of person he would have let at least one person know and tell them to tell other he is ok... either way I hope he is ok, but my gut says otherwise.
I have no idea, but I've wondered the same thing, probably a thousand times. Either he can't, or he's choosing not to. Neither of those options is very easy to accept.
It's a weird situation. Maybe he's not who and what you think he is...? That would explain a lot. But in the case you weren't wrong about him... Like I said, it's weird. I remember someone saying he had trouble paying rent at one point. So maybe he's somewhere in a shelter? That could explain it... I still don't think he's dead. On the other hand (brace yourself) there was someone people on another forum knew very well who was also 31 just like Boo is. He had struggled with depression but seemed OK and he killed himself after a new wave of depression had come about. People were very surprised as he was always the life of the party. Boo was often the life of the party as well the way I remember him so that's pretty strange. That it resembles Boo's case in a sense. However I really don't think he's dead. Just what I think. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy. And I say that after giving you that example of that recent suicide case where someone didn't seem like the type to some to kill himself too. I really don't think Boo has it in him to take that step. Just the distinct impression I've always gotten. I've said that before and someone started talking to me about Boo having had "experimented" with methods at home. But I'd sooner think all of that wasn't to be taken literally than that he was actually experimenting with serious, genuine intentions to end his life. I really think he falls into the catagory of type of poster who says he's going to do this and that but the fact that he does is just an expression of pain or a way to vent.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that there's no change in this situation. Let's hope it eventually will change and that you all receive positive news.

Last edited by a moderator:

justMe7

Well.... ok. :( He obviously means alot to people and has made an impact, especially with his disappearence.

To each his own, I know it's hard when you're left with a gapping unknown hole, especially when it comes to someone you care about. Mind can kind of go nutty with possibilities. :(

Just hoping he's doing ok :)

Sapphire

Just curious, is there any avenue that hasn't yet been explored?

Also, what did you mean Blake when you said his account may be attached to something?

justMe7

You can attach your mail to your windows account or xbox live, or other microsoft products. Im not sure if that counts as making it active by association, but it's a possibility.
Idk tbh, was just trying to throw things out there, because I think he cares alot about you guys, so i dont think he would not talk unless there was a real reason for it.

The only thing I could think of would be to do a name search or if anyone knows where he lived, to go down and see if hes thre. But then again, perhaps that would be an invasion of his privacy? idk :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00