has anyone here gathered the guts to do it ?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by OutCaste, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

i can't but i so desperately want to because really im so tierd and im sick in the head.

what i hate the most is the false hopes that people give me from time to time or try to motivate me because it just deludes me for some time.

2. DrCynic

DrCynic Active Member

I did

3. supermodel

supermodel Well-Known Member

It varies with me. I can have good days where the thoughts are the farthest things from my mind but on those bad days....I want to do it so bad. I have a daughter and the thoughts of her stop me from doing anything...but sometimes I have those days that I don't give a damn.

The other day I was crying in my car and I was contemplating ways to kill myself while driving. I just went home and took sleeping pills just to sleep it off.

4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

It's having the guts to keep going that I find the problem. It does get so hard at times. Best wishes.

5. palmtrees

palmtrees Well-Known Member

Well if they had they wouldn't be able to say anything about it would they...I bought a shotgun about a year ago but sold it back cause I needed the money. I don't really see why it takes guts, after awhile you just get desensitized to the idea. There's not really anything to be afraid of anyhow, fear is just a survival mechanism. i.e. humans evolved fear as a way to keep themselves alive, since animals who aren't afraid of death are more likely to engage in actions which would kill them the fuck off. Doesn't mean there's anything objectively wrong or bad or horrific about dying.

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree if you have commited, then how the hell are you going to let people know what is on the other side. now I have tried twice but failed. I never saw any light or anything else. The one attempt I almost suceeded. I felt kind of a euphoric feeling because I came that close.

7. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I have the "guts" (despair) and the means to do it at this moment and my depressions have gotten so severe, so frequent and uncontrollable I have no hope I can recover. I'm only holding on because I don't want to inflict irreparable harm to all the people who love me.

8. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

I think it was SnowRaven who said it takes guts NOT to do it. That's for sure. I take it one day at a time because the urge is always there. It does take some nerve to swallow the pills or whatever, but that drive is fed by depression, despair, and lots of different mental issues. I hope you find you have the guts to stay alive and keep going.

9. Tecky

Tecky Well-Known Member

Me? Not yet. There are so many things I want to do first. So I will have to wait till next year after I handed over my writings and other stuff to some people I can trust.

Teck

10. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think ppl forget that living life is the hardest thing we will have to do...life is messy, unpredictable and down right painful at times...but the respites we get when it is not, makes it worth it...these respites are not magical thinking...it takes a lot of work, a sense of trust in one's self and a desire to keep looking for alternatives which will help us...big hugs, J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.